Dexter : Comment if you have seen it.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I heard a lot of talk about this show and so downloaded it a few days back. However, the pilot is very violent and was unable to watch it with my family. I was hoping it would be more like Prison Break. Please let me know if I should continue watching it or just quit.

......P E A C E.......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arnie007 View Post

I heard a lot of talk about this show and so downloaded it a few days back. However, the pilot is very violent and was unable to watch it with my family. I was hoping it would be more like Prison Break. Please let me know if I should continue watching it or just quit.

......P E A C E.......

Dexter is not for your family to watch with.

I see Dexter every sunday and let me tell you that you SHOULD see it.

Sometimes can be a little violent but that's how the series is.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheldon25 View Post

Dexter is not for your family to watch with.

I see Dexter every sunday and let me tell you that you SHOULD see it.

Sometimes can be a little violent but that's how the series is.

What channel is this on?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

......P E A C E.......

I watch Dexter with my 15 year old, but it is way too violent for the rest of the family. I went back and re-read the plot of the first episode of season 1, that was one of the milder episodes, don't watch the series if that one was past your comfort zone.

Gerald - it is on Showtime (but I get it from iTunes).
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I just downloaded Seasons 1 and 2 and so far, really enjoy the show. Yes it is violent and sometimes gory and definitely for adults. But nevertheless, a good show.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

What channel is this on?

Showtime.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    A really stupid question : why does the picture of the Dextor season in iTunes shows him holding a baby.. Does its show scenes of torture on minors, I am planning to watch it with my 17 yr old sister but am not sure if it will be right for her. She has seen prison break and supernatural though and is obsessed with shows based on thrillers.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

A really stupid question : why does the picture of the Dextor season in iTunes shows him holding a baby.. Does its show scenes of torture on minors, I am planning to watch it with my 17 yr old sister but am not sure if it will be right for her. She has seen prison break and supernatural though and is obsessed with shows based on thrillers.

Spoiler:

He got married at the end of the season before that, this season was about him balancing family life and killing people. The baby in the picture is his son that was born between the two seasons.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

He got married at the end of the season before that, this season was about him balancing family life and killing people. The baby in the picture is his son that was born between the two seasons.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

You could have stated that it was a spoiler, some people are not yet aware of all Dexter facts up to the last season (not me im watching this new season every sunday )
  • Reply 8 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

You could have stated that it was a spoiler, some people are not yet aware of all Dexter facts up to the last season (not me im watching this new season every sunday )

Seriously!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Sorry, maybe I should have answered the question about the baby differently. The spoiler factor didn't occur to me.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

......P E A C E.......

Do you really think Prison Break is a family show?