Why does progress bar beneath the quicktime videos on my ipad keep moving when the

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
video is frozen or buffering? I rarely can watch a video on my ipad all the way through and haven't been able to since I bought it, it freezes like crazy and I can't figure out why however, I get perfect video streams on my laptop. For some strange reason when ever I'm watching a youtube video or something on the ABC player the progress bar beneath the video keeps moving while the video is frozen and when and if the video unfreezes itself it automatically fast forwards to the current location of the bar, and doesn't allow me to view the often large portion of video that lies between it and where it originally froze at, I think it might have something to do with quicktime itself, perhaps it's intentional but I never have this problem with flash on my laptop. It's really driving me bonkers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I'm guessing these aren't your videos but rather video you're streaming to the device, correct?

That's your problem. Get faster Internet, an 802.11n router, or don't watch 720/1080 content via the iPad.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bdblackbdblack Posts: 146member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BB Sting View Post

video is frozen or buffering? I rarely can watch a video on my ipad all the way through and haven't been able to since I bought it, it freezes like crazy and I can't figure out why however, I get perfect video streams on my laptop. For some strange reason when ever I'm watching a youtube video or something on the ABC player the progress bar beneath the video keeps moving while the video is frozen and when and if the video unfreezes itself it automatically fast forwards to the current location of the bar, and doesn't allow me to view the often large portion of video that lies between it and where it originally froze at, I think it might have something to do with quicktime itself, perhaps it's intentional but I never have this problem with flash on my laptop. It's really driving me bonkers!

I'm guessing you have a Wi-Fi issue. Are you using an N router? Not all N devices work well together. I have actually experienced this problem. Try disabling N, setting it to G mode or something. After that, try changing your security settings on the router temporarily.