Colorado football recruits and "rape" at sex party

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sometimes I really feel as if there are sections of my peer group that are just completely and totally inept as human beings.

Take the case of <a href="http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%7E87%7E669659%7E,00.html&quot; target="_blank">University of Colorado football recruits taken to a party to have sex with some co-eds from CU.</a>

The biggest moron of the lot is the girl throwing rape allegations out. Now I am the first to read a "Alleged rape at party" headline and think "fry the rapist son of a bitch" before reading the article, but this is ridiculous.

Read the article, it's fascinating, and post your thoughts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Sometimes I really feel as if there are sections of my peer group that are just completely and totally inept as human beings.

Take the case of <a href="http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%7E87%7E669659%7E,00.html&quot; target="_blank">University of Colorado football recruits taken to a party to have sex with some co-eds from CU.</a>

The biggest moron of the lot is the girl throwing rape allegations out. Now I am the first to read a "Alleged rape at party" headline and think "fry the rapist son of a bitch" before reading the article, but this is ridiculous.

Read the article, it's fascinating, and post your thoughts.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i read the whole thing : put a group in a chamber add a drop of drug, some good quantities of alcoohol and sex and you've got a lame storie.

Every character involved in this story where guilty of their acts : the boys and the womens. One of the women was shame of her acts, and think that she was better in a role of a victim. Making false accusations is a major felony, it can lead people to prisons for several years : this girl has no brain and no heart : totally selfish.

The way who acts the boy are lame, try to recruit people with the help of sex is .... a shame. I don't buy this sort of extended team spirit.

However it's just a storie of immature peoples : i wish they'll grew up after that.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Well,

She didn't holler rape, didn't appear distraught to her friends at any point, steam cleaned the bedroom shortly thereafter, and threw away the used condoms. Plus it sounds like there were a bunch of people, including her female friends, all extremely drunk, in the room at the same time. No wonder the police didn't press charges -there was zero evidence of a rape, just her after-the-fact "maybe I was raped" statement.

Don't know about you Groverat, but these people aren't my peers.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Well I'm a college student so I'm definitely (unfortunately) in their peer group.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Colorado sucks. They've been bashing the UW ever since Rick Neuheisel left and while we've had a few bumps and bruises Colorado hasn't been to hot with Blarney at the helm.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Sorry. Couldn't get past "Well... I wanted to say no......"
  • Reply 6 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Newweasel is a cheat.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    It says that she did not complain at the time, and that she did not complain to the other women in the room orr her friends, and that she threw away the condoms.

She was voluntarily intoxicated and doped up.

She may have not been in a position to make a good decision about who she should ****, but she made the decision anyway.

She should not have gone into the room in the first place. And she shouldn't complain about sex she didn't try to stop at the time.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Jeez-louse.

It never fails to amaze me the things people get themselves into.

I agree with cdhostage: I didn't get the impression that she was raped or otherwise taken against her will.

On the other flip of the coin, you have a bunch of drunken jocks, doubtlessly egging everything on.

Who knows. They'll ALL lame. People just aren't smart about things anymore. Very irresponsible, don't look down the road to consider consequences, are comfortable getting hammered and vulnerable in front of strangers, etc.

Sounds like a goofy, lame and messed-up situation all the way around.

I do, however, hate the little mini-trend that seems to be popular these days among some people: they get drunk, flirt, make-out, fondle and then get sweet-talked out of their panties, give a total stranger head, end up going all the way with said total stranger, etc.

Then, after the infatuation and alcohol wears off (and the guilt and "like, ohmigod, I am SO not going to be able to explain this to Randy..." settles in), all you have to do is say "I WAS RAPED!".

No you weren't. Not in that case. You were DRUNK. You were CHEATING on a boyfriend. You were fed enough BULLSHIT to make you part with your unmentionables for a little while, etc. But if you willingly go through with everything and never once say "no", how can that be rape?

Isn't that simply just "sex"? Irresponsible, foolish and tawdry sex. But sex nonetheless. Gaining your marbles and morals in the clear light of morning doesn't give you the right to mangle some guy's life and future just because, 11 hours later, you "feel bad about it".

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: pscates ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 12
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    It's a sticky situation. If I was back in college, knowing how people are and how things can get, I'd be the KING of "okay, you gotta give me 5 signals here...and, oh yeah, I need you to sign this waiver stating that it is indeed okay for me to unhook your bra and proceed...".

Talk about covering your butt!
  • Reply 10 of 12
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    ladies, if you're gonna be a hoe, be a hoe. don't try to class it up by dry cleaning the sheets and deciding you were raped the next morning.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    LOLOL

Nice....
  • Reply 12 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>Colorado sucks. They've been bashing the UW ever since Rick Neuheisel left and while we've had a few bumps and bruises Colorado hasn't been to hot with Blarney at the helm.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, Neuheisel broke NCAA rules repeatedly in recruiting which may now get Colorado in trouble retroactively. He abandoned Colorado two days after saying that he wouldn't and in the middle of a recruiting weekend. That is abominable timing, he was literally flying out of Boulder at the same time that he had been scheduled to meet with recruits who were instead left sitting around with a bunch of crying players who had just gotten hosed by Heuheisal. Then he promptly broke NCAA rules again by contacting Colorado players and recruits in violation of NCAA rules and the unwritten rules that coaches' purport to live by. Beyond all that he led Colorado from a top ten team to mediocrity on the field while he was coach. Neuheisal is for the most part a scumbag, or at best was a scumbag. That is not to say that he is not a decent coach in terms of on the field success because he is but the guy really handled the job at Colorado ineptly and brought all of the criticisms from Colorado fans onto himself with his own actions.