Run you Windows/PC games on the Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi guys,

Many people are using virtual machines or bootcamp to run there games on the Mac. Virtual machines cost money and a windows license. Well there is a solution for many games and thats wine Read everything about it on www.winhq.org. Nice thing about it, is that it is open source and freee! But the source itself is quite technical, so there some solutions like Crossover or Wineskin. Wineskin is free And makes it possible to install your favourite games to the Mac and export it in an .app which you can start easily with an doubleclick. I made some step by step installation guides for some games so you can enjoy those games freely on the the Mac Made the for the following games an step by step manual and many many more are about to come!

- Company of heroes

- FIFA 11

- Fallout 3

- Caesar III

- Need for speed Underground 1 + 2

- Settlers V, Heritage of Kings

- Dune 2000

- Trackmania Nations Forever

you can find those step bij step installation videos on this site here:

http://www.paulthetall.com/page8/page39/page39.html

There is made an rss feed available to stay in touch if there are more new videos available.

http://www.paulthetall.com/page8/page9/page9.html

Hope you guys really appreciate this and let your favourite games work on the Mac

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paulthetall View Post

Hi guys,

Many people are using virtual machines or bootcamp to run there games on the Mac. Virtual machines cost money and a windows license. Well there is a solution for many games and thats wine Read everything about it on www.winhq.org. Nice thing about it, is that it is open source and freee! But the source itself is quite technical, so there some solutions like Crossover or Wineskin. Wineskin is free And makes it possible to install your favourite games to the Mac and export it in an .app which you can start easily with an doubleclick. I made some step by step installation guides for some games so you can enjoy those games freely on the the Mac Made the for the following games an step by step manual and many many more are about to come!

- Company of heroes

- FIFA 11

- Fallout 3

- Caesar III

- Need for speed Underground 1 + 2

- Settlers V, Heritage of Kings

- Dune 2000

- Trackmania Nations Forever

you can find those step bij step installation videos on this site here:

http://www.paulthetall.com/page8/page39/page39.html

There is made an rss feed available to stay in touch if there are more new videos available.

http://www.paulthetall.com/page8/page9/page9.html

Hope you guys really appreciate this and let your favourite games work on the Mac

Real MacHeads are not into gaming.

I've had CrossOver on a Mac for nearly 2 years. Still do. Extremely rarely needed/wanted to use it. And when I did I had a lot of problems with its confusing UI, and it wouldn't run 9 out of 10 Windows applications. It's actually a royal PITA on a Mac. Imo, not worth the trouble.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Real MacHeads are not into gaming.

I've had CrossOver on a Mac for nearly 2 years. Still do. Extremely rarely needed/wanted to use it. And when I did I had a lot of problems with its confusing UI, and it wouldn't run 9 out of 10 Windows applications. It's actually a royal PITA on a Mac. Imo, not worth the trouble.

Where have you bin lately In those 2 years Wine developed drasticly, many games and programs work now. If i tell you that FIFA 11 and Civilization V works very good (those ar e games just released) and many more. More and more people are crossoing to the Mac and want to play there games without putting bootcamp on the Mac (which is in my opinion an insult for the Mac). I think there are many people agreeing that Gaming is a big issue on the mac, and Wine helps to improve that.

If you look at those step by step videos section, there adding videos olmost daily. You don`t need to be a technical person, just follow the step by step istructions and play the certain game
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emacosdv View Post

Thankss you.

Always love to help!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

just follow the step by step istructions and play the certain game

No thanks.

I'm not into frivolous, mindless gaming.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

No thanks.

I'm not into frivolous, mindless gaming.

Your free in all you do.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Added Medieval 2 Total War Step by step manual!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Added Medieval 2 Total War Step by step manual!

Added step by step video Guide of Metal Gear Solid