iTunes - master?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all.

I'm a rookie in the Apple world, but I'm already lost in it, in a good way

My list of Apple products now counts; Mac Book Pro, iPhone 4, iPad and a couple of iPods.

Problem:

Beside having iTunes installed on my Mac Book Pro, I also have it on my Dell PC at work. Now, when I sync my iPhone and iPad with my Mac Book I get one result, then afterwards when I sync them on work, just to have all my music and pictures at work, I get another result.. Pretty frustrating.. What do I do wrong? I just want to have the same iTunes with the same music, pictures, contacts etc. on all my products.

I'm very sure that it is something really basic I'm messing up.

Thanks in advance, and best regards from Denmark!

Lasse Andkjær Nielsen

Denmark

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Unfortunately, this is one of the downside of Apple's iOS ecosystem. An iOS product can only by synced to 1 computer. There are complex workarounds involving other syncing applications, but I don't see any of them being foolproof. All the content that you want to be synced with the iOS product has to be on the computer it is linked too. If you want all computers to sync the same stuff, then you have to have the same iTunes library on all those computers.

Now, putting syncing aside, if you don't mind manually put contents on the iOS product instead of having iTunes automatically syncing them, just check "Manually manage contents." That way you can drag-n-drop whatever music tracks you want on each computer. Downside is of course you lose the advantage of syncing, like tracks on the PC being updated for ratings/play counts, etc.