Quicktime 6 Scam

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, I seem to remembe Apple saying a few months ago that QT6 was READY and the license agreement was being naughty.

Now, the license seems to be getting worked out... whether it's as good for the little companies as Apple hoped I don't know.

But if Apple says that it's done, shouldn't it make sense that they're READY with at least ONE copy of the product they are showing? I mean, there's a problem with hardware, where you have to give one copy to each customer. This was a problem with EVERY SIGNLE FRIGGIN IMPORTANT PRODUCT released in the last few years. Maybe be then too - I was barely cognisant at the time.

But with software, you give one copy to millions of people.

Obviously, that single copy should be perfect. It will work for everyone's Macs it is listed for, it should have mor features than the last version, and it should be fast enough to run tolerably on modern hardware.

Fine and good.

Except that Apple said they werre done a while ago.

And the company has probably been working eve nmore on the thing since.

So WHY is it still a beta?

I mean, some companies <cough>Microsoft<cough> release SHIPPING products that are buggy, ugly, and insecure. But good companies know that if a program is buggy, they don't take money for it, and they call it beta.

But Apple's had plenty of time to work on this. Therre's no reason for the thing not to be complete.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    You weren't paying close attention. Apple said a PREVIEW was ready at the QuickTime Live! conference. They never claimed QuickTime 6.0 was complete.

Schiller's exact words: "We actually have, complete, a public preview we could have delivered today at the show."

[ 06-14-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    And this is as Outsider as Steve Jobs' ass.

Try Software

J :cool: