What is the future of iWeb... don't know what to think ?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What do you think ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    It doesn't look like it's going anywhere, does it?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stzozo View Post

What do you think ?

iWeb is useless in its current form... HTML 5 is still too bleeding edge at this point. What until the next iLife update...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I use iWeb to develop my company web site, so I don't think it's useless in its current form.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

iWhat until the next iLife update...

...in 2012?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pik80pik80 Posts: 148member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stzozo View Post

What do you think ?

I would use iWeb if it worked more like a social networking site. Without the social networking features I don't think I would have that much use for it. I hope that is it's future.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I moved from iBlog because it was dying of neglect. After putting together a new page on iWeb I discovered that whether or not a podcast will load onto the online page is a roll of the dice. It might or it might not, and that's on a new Mac with all the software updates. It seems pretty useless if it can't handle posting a podcast.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    davybdavyb Posts: 1member
    I'd Guess we will have an update when Lion comes out and MobileMe FINALLY disappears,

or alternatively iWeb could disappear completely with MobileMe,

But something will still be around, I dont see .mac.com or .me.com email addresses disappearing
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DavyB View Post

I'd Guess we will have an update when Lion comes out and MobileMe FINALLY disappears,

MobileMe doesn't go away until June 2012. Enjoy waiting.

Quote:

I dont see .mac.com or .me.com email addresses disappearing

Because they have absolutely nothing to do with iWeb at all and Apple has already stated that the @me.com address is the basis for iCloud...