System error

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello everybody, i have got problem. I'm from Czech republic. I have got Mac book, wich is running on Mac os X 10.5.5. I bought new iPhone (4) and i get report, that i have to upgade my system. Because i can't install anything wich is not located into Czech i run Pacifist appliciation and install this upgrade (from 10.5.5. to 10.5.6.). After few seconds after restart the Apple logo changed into error symbol. I don't know what i can do! I have not got any Time machnie backups. Please help me. (I have got install. DVD)

Stepan Kment

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Boot from the install disk and run Disk Utility. Verify the disk, then Repair it. If that doesn't work, just do a clean install or upgrade-install.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Boot from the install disk and run Disk Utility. Verify the disk, then Repair it. If that doesn't work, just do a clean install or upgrade-install.

I will do second chose but i don't want lost my data!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tombik View Post

Hello everybody, i have got problem. I'm from Czech republic. I have got Mac book, wich is running on Mac os X 10.5.5. I bought new iPhone (4) and i get report, that i have to upgade my system. Because i can't install anything wich is not located into Czech i run Pacifist appliciation and install this upgrade (from 10.5.5. to 10.5.6.). After few seconds after restart the Apple logo changed into error symbol. I don't know what i can do! I have not got any Time machnie backups. Please help me. (I have got install. DVD)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tombik View Post

I will do second chose but i don't want lost my data!

What you describe could well be a hard disk crash, Stepan. So your data may already be lost/inaccessible...

What you can try is putting your MacBook, switched off, in a ziplock bag (close well!) and sticking it in the refrigerator. NOT in the freezer! After minimum 2 hours you can take it out, connect the power cable, and a USB cable to a (functional) external harddisk, start up the MB and copy as much data as you can to the external HD.

You will have to do that fast, because IF the MB still works it will only do so for a half hour or so (maximum). Until it warms up again (if you do this outside it will take longer to warm up, so it will work longer). So think well which data you need most, and copy those first!

If the HD has indeed crashed you will need to replace it (or get a new Mac/MacBook). If you don't want to lose any more data in the future: GET TIME MACHINE! You already have the software on your installer disk. You only need an external HD. Which have never been cheaper than today (1TB ± €50).

Good luck!

And let us know how it goes.