Pixel problem on new iMac 21.5

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Need some help. Bought a new iMac at best buy a couple days ago and yesterday I noticed a pixel in the middle of the screen that was "stuck". It's changes color by the different angles you look at the screen. It's driving me NUTS. I have already switched all my information from my old pc to the Mac so I really don't want to take it back. Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried jscreen fix but no luck. If I do return it should I delete all the stuff I put on the Mac. If i decide to keep it will it only get worse? I Own an iPhone and iPad and never had a problem, kinda sucks I started out bad with the imac. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jmoore33 View Post

Bought a new iMac at best buy a couple days ago and yesterday I noticed a pixel in the middle of the screen that was "stuck". ? Any suggestions?

That is not your problem, that is Best Buy's/Apple's problem. Get your iMac in to Best Buy's/Apple's service center a.s.a.p. to have them solve it under warranty, i.e. for free.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:

Need some help. Bought a new iMac at best buy a couple days ago and yesterday I noticed a pixel in the middle of the screen that was "stuck". It's changes color by the different angles you look at the screen. It's driving me NUTS. I have already switched all my information from my old pc to the Mac so I really don't want to take it back. Any ideas on how to fix it? I tried jscreen fix but no luck. If I do return it should I delete all the stuff I put on the Mac. If i decide to keep it will it only get worse? I Own an iPhone and iPad and never had a problem, kinda sucks I started out bad with the imac. Any suggestions?

That can happen if there is a speck of dirt on the glass. If you received a cloth with the iMac, try wiping the screen in front of the 'stuck' pixel. If you didn't get a cloth, dampen a microfiber cloth and wipe the spot. See if that helps.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bdblackbdblack Posts: 146member
    Quote:

Sounds like dust to me too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:

Hi jmoore, have you tried cleaning the glass? I'd like to know if there is a further problem. I have an iMac; if cleaning doesn't work, I want to know what to do 'just in case'. What was your next step? Don't leave us guessing.