Video file formats:.mp4, .m4v,.mov, can't apple make up their mind?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
For someone with rudimentary video knowledge such as myself all this can get confusing....

I am sure it is confusing for other people too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    And your question is what precisely?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

For someone with rudimentary video knowledge such as myself all this can get confusing....

They are containers for media codecs. .mov is Apple's container that allows any media codec to be stored inside it so it can have ProRes, HDV, MPEG-4, DivX and so on inside it. The .MP4 container is derived from .mov but restricts the contents so that if something supports .mp4, they know for sure they can play it back. You can't do that with .mov. The .m4v container should really refer to a video track alone vs .m4a but I think Apple use it to refer to iTunes encrypted MPEG-4 movies, which also contain audio.
  • Reply 3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Bros MOV Converter for Mac is designed to convert video to quicktime mov video format to play on ma os x, such as AVI to MOV Mac, FLV to MOV mac to play on QuickTime Media Player, besides converting mov mac, this MOV Converter Mac OS X can also transfer quicktime mov video files to iPhone, iPad, iPod and more mac devices.

Bros Mov Converter Mac program can convert mov mac to AVI, MP4 and more, also this mov mac program can extract audio from video files and convert to MP3, WAV, etc.

You can try this function is very powerful Bros MOV Converter for Mac software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help. 

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros MOV Converter for Mac you can find this powerful software. 

Christmas more software discount promotions, affordable lot!Merry Christmas! 

Browser from Google search elements Keywords:

Emicsoft-Christmas Discount

OX PDF-Christmas Discount

Brosvideo-Chrismas Discount