Darryl Kile found dead

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From ESPN.com:

[quote]Darryl Kile, a starting pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, was found dead in his hotel room in Chicago on Saturday, medical examiners confirmed. No cause of death is known at this time. The Cards-Cubs game in Chicago was postponed Saturday. The 33-year-old was 133-119 in his 12-year career with a 4.12 ERA<hr></blockquote>

:confused:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Liquid-G?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    They are going to examine his body tomorrow, but it looks as though he died from 'natural causes' in his sleep. Very strange, but very sad. He and his wife had 5 year old twins and a newborn.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    It's really horrible to hear. Especially since the Cards had to deal with another tragedy this week (Jack Buck).

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    yes, i couldnt believe this...

i drove 2 hours from houston to college station yesterday for my baseball game, and the first thing i heard when i got out on the field was, "hey, did you hear about darryl kile??" and im like "what are u talking about???"

geez, after i found out i had to go pitch a game a few minutes later. what a thing to be thrown at u...

i saw the guy pitch so many times here w/ the astros...

man, even if he didnt die from a natural cause, i have a strange feeling they wont tell the public otherwise. i still cant believe this...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>It's really horrible to hear. Esoecially since the Cards had to deal with another tragedy this week (Jack Buck).</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, thats the first thing i thought...

2 memorial services for the cards w/in a week...