itunes 8.01 to 10.01 upgrade pitfall?

1st1st
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
guys and gals,

I need guru advice: I happy with 8.01, but brought the new 2Gb shelfful need 10.0 or better. I loaded up all my CD and MP3 on the 8.01, are they backward compatible? I do have multiple shelffuls on hand, (can keep them in charge and select what ever group of music + color of device to march with my mood + outfit ;-), including language lessons. Are 10.01 require me to buy all new "songs" from Tune store? Forgive me to ask such a silly question, but I do have bad experience, I upgraded OS of one of the phones, that wiped out all my mp3 language lessons and ask me to buy from the stores. I brought new shelfful and hope for the better. Before I run an up grade. I need expert advice. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    well, find out in a hard way. itunes 10.0.1 (that required for the new ipod shelffle) need OS X 10.5 minimum. I got a G4 computer with OS 10.4.11, no luck. Download the itunes 10.0.1,but can not install on my computer. got stuck with new shelffel... Anyone got idea to work around it? thx.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Can't be done. No workaround. Buy a newer computer.