Bogus Policy

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Short and sweet version

My iphone was stolen.

Not so short not so sweet version.

I work at the mall, had my Iphone stolen by a costumer while I was working he ran. I tried to get him couldn't. Filed a police report. Had security guards help me since I know all of them. Nothing. So on my break went and talked to apple and I told them. They told me they had no tracking system for Serial codes....come on really? .... no way to get it through GPS..... unless I had mobile me excuse me I am college....paid a shit ton for my phone and your telling me I paid all that for nothing because you can't track this phone?! AREN'T YOU APPLE, aren't you suppose to be that smart? Any Windows phone can be tracked via gps!! COME ON!!

This is bogus. And then the apple employees told me even if it did come in they couldn't report it. If you KNOW AN ITEM IS STOLEN AND DON'T REPORT IT THAT'S ILLEGAL IF I FOUND OUT I COULD SUE YOU!

I'm sorry

it's completely idiotic that

Apple can't track my phone, that then I have to go cough up another few hundred dollars or more if atandt wont give me a break and make me break my contract. And some jackbutt gets away because you can't track it.

This happens all the time to many people, people like myself that work hard for their money, and are nice to people, and you can't help. So why wouldn't they steal it!? WHY NOT!?

And why would we keep buying it if you can't help us!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaylward View Post

They told me they had no tracking system for Serial codes....come on really?

Name a company who tracks products by serial codes except for user repair.

Quote:

.... no way to get it through GPS..... unless I had mobile me excuse me I am college....paid a shit ton for my phone and your telling me I paid all that for nothing because you can't track this phone?!

Yes. It's called user freedom. I'd rather a company not be able to know where I am at all times.

Quote:

AREN'T YOU APPLE, aren't you suppose to be that smart?

It can be done. They choose not to. The backlash would kill them.

Quote:

Any Windows phone can be tracked via gps!! COME ON!!

Any iPhone can be tracked via GPS. Pay for MobileMe.

Quote:

And then the apple employees told me even if it did come in they couldn't report it.

That is a lie. You can add your serial number to a list of blacklisted ones, and they're to report it if it comes in.

Quote:

If you KNOW AN ITEM IS STOLEN AND DON'T REPORT IT THAT'S ILLEGAL IF I FOUND OUT I COULD SUE YOU!

Stop the caps and hold your horses. No, it isn't illegal.

Quote:

And why would we keep buying it if you can't help us!!!!!

Apparently people don't care. You had a bad experience. Either stop buying, quit whining, go to the police, or deal with it.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Better yet, take better care of your shit.

No mobile phone company will track a stolen mobile by GPS. Apple gives you the option of tracking your phone yourself if you subscribe to Mobile Me. You chose not to. Boo fucking hoo.

There are three things you can learn from this:

1. Don't buy Apple products.

2. Take better care of your shit, especially if it's financially difficult to replace something that gets lost.

3. Sometimes add-on services are worth the extra expense.

If what you learn is #1, then you FAIL the intelligence test.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I had $40 stolen out of the console in my truck a couple months ago. I think the U.S. Mint should track it down for me.

I had a nice leather jacket stolen several years ago... Wilson's Leather (that's the store I bought it from) should have been responsible to track it down for me!

I suppose if one of my vehicles is ever stolen, I should hold Ford or Toyota responsible for finding it!

Jaylward is likely just a troll... but he does a good job of showcasing the mentality that is bankrupting the U.S.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I had $40 stolen out of the console in my truck a couple months ago. I think the U.S. Mint should track it down for me.

I had a nice leather jacket stolen several years ago... Wilson's Leather (that's the store I bought it from) should have been responsible to track it down for me!

I suppose if one of my vehicles is ever stolen, I should hold Ford or Toyota responsible for finding it!

Jaylward is likely just a troll... but he does a good job of showcasing the mentality that is bankrupting the U.S.

Well Im not sure you can get the serial numbers for those...like I can...

But thanks?

And everyone else I hope your happy about yelling at a 19 year old that can't afford everything including mobile me. And GPS is used to track on Windows phones like the google one. I just explained that. Thanks for getting angry at me on Apple's defiance it's not your job. And it is illegal to not report a stolen item.

Enjoy your night. Glad you get your kicks out of yelling at young girls over the internet. I don't believe I was talking to you, but asking Apple to rethink.

Have a lovely night.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

And everyone else I hope your happy about yelling at a 19 year old that can't afford everything including mobile me.

Don't play the "poor child" card. You have an iPhone. You want the responsibility of owning an object, you have to take care of your possessions. Get used to it.

Quote:

And GPS is used to track on Windows phones like the google one. I just explained that.

And we just explained that companies don't track phones via GPS. People would riot. It's illegal for a company to be able to know where you are without your knowledge, and they're not going to do it for free, anyway. Hence MobileMe.

Quote:

And it is illegal to not report a stolen item.

Link to this law.

Quote:

Glad you get your kicks out of yelling at young girls over the internet.

Glad you think you can play the "I'm a poor child and shouldn't have any responsibilities" card.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Repeat yourself some more please.

Stop defending them. Get off my post if your not going to be polite.

It's not my fault I didn't ask the guy to steal my item at work while I was the only one in the shop so I couldn't run after him actually. it was plugged in playing music in a drawer. He was a hell of a lot bigger then me grabbed it and ran.

Explain to me how thats my fault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawnbroker is the link

second paragraph underAssessment of items. I asked the cop, the pawn shops would have to identify it in my area. I had this happen before when my car was broken into. So I checked today. Atandt has to do the same if my sim or serial number comes through.

I am just telling Apple to rethink not having a system to track it like AtandT does with the sim and serial number.

In their computers they have no way to say this serial number belongs to so and so....

Thats what Im talking about. If you didn't understand I believe you should now.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

It's not my fault I didn't ask the guy to steal my item at work while I was the only one in the shop so I couldn't run after him actually. it was plugged in playing music in a drawer. He was a hell of a lot bigger then me grabbed it and ran.

Explain to me how thats my fault.

'Course it's not your fault it was stolen. It was your fault you put it in a drawer instead of keeping it on your person.

[url]I asked the cop, the pawn shops would have to identify it in my area.[/QUOTE]

So you'd have to tell every single pawn shop in your area. Of course, it's impossible for you to know if they don't report it, so it doesn't matter, anyway.

Oh, and eBay and Craigslist exist, so it's meaningless.

Quote:

I am just telling Apple to rethink not having a system to track it like AtandT does with the sim and serial number.

They do. It's called MobileMe. Pretty simple.

Quote:

In their computers they have no way to say this serial number belongs to so and so....

Yes, they do. It's called AppleCare, but everything is still registered for the life of the device. Just tell your Apple Store to add your serial number to a list of stolen numbers, and if anyone brings it in for service, they'll be questioned and it should be returned.

Quote:

If you didn't understand I believe you should now.

You accidentally the verb.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Any Windows phone can be tracked via gps!! COME ON!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Any iPhone can be tracked via GPS. Pay for MobileMe.

As can any Android phone, and probably any Blackberry, or Symbian as well.

Every smartphone can be tracked by GPS.

IF the user has set it up to be.

You didn't, jaylward. So it's your problem! You are the reason your iPhone can't be tracked via GPS. So rant to yourself. Not to us or anybody else.

Deal with it.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    The iPhone costs $199 on contract. The cheapest iPhone plan currently available from AT&T is $55/month, closer to $65 with the usual taxes and fees. With any messaging or more than the minimum voice or data minutes that goes up quickly, with the average monthly charge probably being around $85. You're going to be paying a minimum of $1000 the first year just to purchase and operate an iPhone, and $800/year thereafter, at the very least.

Mobile Me is $99/year. Not sure how "I'm a poor college student with an iPhone, how could I possibly afford Mobile Me" really hangs together.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Not sure how "I'm a poor college student with an iPhone, how could I possibly afford Mobile Me" really hangs together.

Simple: he screwed up and now blames everybody but himself...

Kinda immature.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Simple: he screwed up and now blames everybody but himself...

Kinda immature.

She, but your point remains relevant. The best part is that she won't be posting here ever again, so we can rule out any further nonsense.