Question about storage

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I regularly make and upload videos to youtube. I have an i7 iMac late 2009 with a 1TB hard drive and my videos are starting to take up my drive. I have about 2/3's left of space on my drive. I was wondering what a good solution was to store my videos and also back them up? I will continue to make videos so I need to plan for the future. Right now I am backing up to a 2TB Time Capsule. Thank you for your advice

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skives View Post

I regularly make and upload videos to youtube. I have an i7 iMac late 2009 with a 1TB hard drive and my videos are starting to take up my drive. I have about 2/3's left of space on my drive. I was wondering what a good solution was to store my videos and also back them up? I will continue to make videos so I need to plan for the future. Right now I am backing up to a 2TB Time Capsule. Thank you for your advice

Dedicate two more external harddisks (one for storage, one for backup) to video. They are cheaper now than they have ever been. And they free up considerable space on your internal HD and your Time Capsule for all your non-video files, system, and applications.

A tad more expensive, but exemplary flexible is a hot-swappable Drobo system.