LotR The Two Towers trailer!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.elbakin.com/ressources/deux_tours_teaser.mov"; target="_blank">Damn that Gollum</a>

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: hmurchison ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong><a href="http://www.elbakin.com/ressources/deux_tours_teaser.mov"; target="_blank">Damn that Gollum</a>

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: hmurchison ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Too cool. I can say that I'm really anticipating this movie, and that's a rare thing for me. It's been so long since I read the books that I can barely remember how things go, but that just makes the movies all the more surprising. The first movie was excellent. Hope this thing makes it over to India with no delay, where I'll be moving in August.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble:

<strong>

Too cool. I can say that I'm really anticipating this movie, and that's a rare thing for me. It's been so long since I read the books that I can barely remember how things go, but that just makes the movies all the more surprising. The first movie was excellent. Hope this thing makes it over to India with no delay, where I'll be moving in August.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gobble Gobble my respect for you just jumped two notches :cool: Yeah I can't wait either. More action..more story ...more magic.

India that's great! You should love that experience.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hmm, guess I should see the first one, eh?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I am the only person in the world who didn't like LOTR:FOTR? :confused:

J :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>I am the only person in the world who didn't like LOTR:FOTR? :confused:

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes
  • Reply 6 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I didn't think it was a great movie, and that's not all Peter Jackson's fault: It starts slow, features a lot of travelling, and rather than resolving it ends with everything unravelling. Its atmosphere is better suited to prose than to film. I think Jackson made mostly good decisions in deciding what to excise, what to cut and what to rearrange, but I actually didn't like the excessively drawn out scenes in the tomb and crossing the last bridge in Moria. The confrontation between Gandalf and Saruman was just wrong.

It's a gentle reminder that Tolkien originally did not want his epic split into three books. That was a publisher's decision.

The Two Towers should be the best suited to the screen. It's got all kinds of action and an inexorable forward motion. It should be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the trilogy.

The last might be problematic again, considering that, by conventional standards, The Return of the King ends about two-thirds of the way through the book. I hope Jackson keeps the real ending, or at least the important bits, but it'll be a challenge to pull off.