New iPad with Camera?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Anyone / everyone want to jump in here, on when we might see this?

And it doesn't look like there is a way to hook up any camera to the current model … right?

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    I was actually hoping for an update before the holiday shopping season. That to add a FaceTime camera and more RAM. Right now that doesn't look like it will happen. So we are talking next year, late winter or early spring.

I would think that anybody that knows about Facetime would be holding off on an iPad purchase. It has the potential to be a significant feature. This is especially so if Apple brings out a second iPad model with a 5-7" screen.

In the end though nobody knows.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I was actually hoping for an update before the holiday shopping season. That to add a FaceTime camera and more RAM. Right now that doesn't look like it will happen. So we are talking next year, late winter or early spring.

I would think that anybody that knows about Facetime would be holding off on an iPad purchase. It has the potential to be a significant feature. This is especially so if Apple brings out a second iPad model with a 5-7" screen.

In the end though nobody knows.

I'd like the camera so we can use skype. facetime is nice, but it doesn't seem to be used be everyone at this time. Skype at least is an option (and it's free). The family member we talk with using it, are all around the world, and most on PC's.

So as nice as Facetime would be, the camera and the ability to use Skype will be the issues for me, and many others I have talked to.

Of course if it's cheap enough when I comes out, maybe I can talk them all into buying an iPad