My iphone won't make phone calls

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I live in Boston by BU and my phone won't make calls. Everytime I make a phone call it says the call failed. At work at school, I try restarting my phone and it helps for a little bit but then just stops again.

I have a 3gs, got it in january

Any comments or fixes?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Nope, that's just AT&T.

In all seriousness, do you have a plan? Is your SIM activated? Go get a new SIM from an AT&T store or Apple Store. Heck, take it to an Apple Store just to check it out.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nope, that's just AT&T.

In all seriousness, do you have a plan? Is your SIM activated? Go get a new SIM from an AT&T store or Apple Store. Heck, take it to an Apple Store just to check it out.

I switched from Verizon in Janurary because it wouldn't make calls and now this crap. I have At&t and never jail broke it or anything. I have heard of problems in NY but if this crap doesn't work in Boston I am switching to T-mobile or something.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post

I switched from Verizon in Janurary because it wouldn't make calls and now this crap. I have At&t and never jail broke it or anything. I have heard of problems in NY but if this crap doesn't work in Boston I am switching to T-mobile or something.

Went to AT&T and they gave me a new sim card and still nothing
  • Reply 4 of 5
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    You try paying your bill?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

You try paying your bill?

haha always pay my bill when I get it so 1/2 month before it is even due.

They told me the tower is down and I will get refunded for the time I couldn't receive calls.

I was bummed hoped it was the phone so I could get a iphone 4 before my 2 years were up