Verizon set to disclose LTE details Wednesday

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Yep, on 12/01/2010.

macworld.com:

Quote:

Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, Wednesday will disclose details about its plan to launch its faster LTE 4G wireless network in 38 U.S. cities by the end of the year.

The carrier has repeatedly said that it plans to offer some 110 million Americans in the 38 city launch download speeds ranging from 5 to 12 megabits per second, or about 10 times faster than is currently available.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Bad times for trolls, fed by permanently clueless arses....
  • Reply 2 of 5
    All I want is a SIM card for my iPhone 2G. Every Verizon store for months has refused me one. I might finally be able to make this happen.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Bad times for trolls, fed by permanently clueless arses....

What are you talking about?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

What are you talking about?

I'm going to guess absolutely nothing, but in an attempt to make his post on-topic, I'll say that all the trolls who claim to have talked to a Verizon rep in one form or another and have a "confirmation" of the Verizon iPhone are now going to be told the truth. The clueless ones would (rightly) be the Verizon reps, and since the Verizon iPhone isn't going to be announced today, this LTE announcement will just be for their first network buildouts, none of which are in important places or covering large areas.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm going to guess absolutely nothing, but in an attempt to make his post on-topic, I'll say that all the trolls who claim to have talked to a Verizon rep in one form or another and have a "confirmation" of the Verizon iPhone are now going to be told the truth. The clueless ones would (rightly) be the Verizon reps, and since the Verizon iPhone isn't going to be announced today, this LTE announcement will just be for their first network buildouts, none of which are in important places or covering large areas.

Ah, the elusive Verizon iPhone... His post makes a bit more sense now.

Verizon says it's rolling out LTE in "30 major NFL cities". I'd expect that to at least include some of our largest cities like New York, Chicago, San Fransisco, Miami, etc.

EDIT: Turns out Verizon made a list of all the cities it's flipping the switch in. Some major ones in there.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2010/10/pr2010-10-01c.html