Is Apple Dealing In Stolen Goods?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all, first post here, just trying to get some friendly advice!

My IPhone 4 was stolen last Saturday night. I tried using FindMyPhone but the guy was obviously wise enough to turn it off. I phoned my mobile provider, got the sim and phone blocked and went on with my life.

Then yesterday I get an email from Apple congratulating me on my recent in-store repair. I logged into my apple account, and there it was, someone had taken my phone into my local apple store on Thursday and had some 'repair'.

I phoned my local store to investigate, and after several minutes and calls, was told that the guy had been given a new phone!! Apple now had my phone and it was on the way back to the factory to be re-built.

I presume they will change the IMEI number, meaning blocking your Iphone 4 is completely useless? And also means Apple is going to end up selling my stolen phone? I have now registered the theft with the police, and Apple say all they can do is give the police limited details about the 'thief' who they gave a new phone without checking even the most basic of information. He now has a phone which is registered with my account? How is this even possible?

I'm so angry, and will be taking legal action. Does anyone have any advice on how I might get this resolved more quickly?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Sue the Apple store in small-claims court for the value of the phone. They won't show and you'll get a judgement against them.

/this is not legal advice