Front Row Completely Unusable

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
It has been years since Front Row started behaving like this, so I'm foggy on the details. I think it started when iTunes wanted me to move all of my stuff from the iTunes Music folder to the iTunes Media folder.

All of my video content, regardless of tags, shows up in a list under Movies. TV shows don't go by show, but rather an arbitrary order and selection, ripping up seasons and different shows and throwing them into hundreds of categories, all called Untitled. Music and Photos behave properly.

What do I need to do to have Front Row sort my content appropriately? I fear that this nonsense would carry over to an Apple TV should I ever get one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Front Row just hasn't kept up. The AppleTV does NOT behave that way.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Given the lack of replies, I take it we're just going to take this sitting down, then. Yes, I know that Apple wants me to buy an Apple TV. Screw them. They can make one that outputs 1080p first. Until then, I'd like my software to work the way it's supposed to instead of being broken for two years because of a change in something else.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Just Don't use Front Row... there are alternatives:

I liked "Plex" when I was using a Mini connected to my TV (before getting the ATV.)

It does everything FrontRow could do, plus plays dozens of additional codecs besides.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Just Don't use Front Row... there are alternatives:

I liked "Plex" when I was using a Mini connected to my TV (before getting the ATV.)

It does everything FrontRow could do, plus plays dozens of additional codecs besides.

Plex does the same thing. So do Boxee, XBMC, and all the other 10-foot interface programs. I'm fed up with them, so I wanted the Apple alternative.