Apple reaction time for Ipad 2

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Does anybody know about manufacturing times?

Imagine that Apple closed the Ipad 2 design today (including testing of the final version of prototypes). When will be ready the stocks to be launched at least to the US?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    iDevices generally get updated once a year. It's not likely for the second iPad to come out until April, but we'll have to see.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Any chance that the Verizon CDMA capability will be ported to the iPad2? And any change BOTH the CDMA and GSM will be on the same Apple Devices (you know, for international use??).
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gbaker View Post

Any chance that the Verizon CDMA capability will be ported to the iPad2? And any change BOTH the CDMA and GSM will be on the same Apple Devices (you know, for international use??).

GSM is by far the dominant format in use worldwide.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I will try to rephrase the question to: Any chance that anyone (particularly Apple) would put BOTH GSM and CDMA on the same cellular device?? (It is only the iPad I am interested in).

Sounds like the best of both worlds. If one doesn't like ATT data packages, click the switch and go to Verizon.

Technically impossible? Or a business decision?

I would hate to have to have ATT change their plan cost (sound eerily familiar) and leave the buyer to spend big $$ to get a seperate Verizon device.

If Apple could do it on the iPad it sounds like a huge chunk of the market would be interested.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

I will try to rephrase the question to: Any chance that anyone (particularly Apple) would put BOTH GSM and CDMA on the same cellular device?? (It is only the iPad I am interested in).

Fits their business model from the past decade and a half; multiple models confuses people.

Quote:

Technically impossible?

Hundreds of phones already do it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Sounds like the best of both worlds. If one doesn't like ATT data packages, click the switch and go to Verizon.

Technically impossible? Or a business decision?

I would hate to have to have ATT change their plan cost (sound eerily familiar) and leave the buyer to spend big $$ to get a seperate Verizon device.

If Apple could do it on the iPad it sounds like a huge chunk of the market would be interested.

Yes, it's technically possible. It would be more expensive for Apple (they always have to balance component cost to retail price, so even adding $10 to components throws everything out of balance). However, GSM is currently the best option for international use because SIM cards are ubiquitous and it's easy to configure the device. And don't kid yourself about AT&T being the only company to modify plans/rates. It happens with every carrier at one time or another.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Hope springs eternal.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamcaitlin View Post

iPad 2 come approximately April 2011

The ipad 2 is coming on very good features These are the sorts of improvements screen will improve, battery life, Smaller, thinner, slightly faster

In other news, air to continue to be breathable.