Financial tools question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hope someone here know more about this area than me:

I think the dollar soon hits its low. I am actually so sure that I want to take advantage of the situation but I'm not in a finacial situation right now to do it. I am planning to go and buy some computer equipment in US in a year from now and I know you can buy some sort of insurance that will allow me to buy X dollars at the current price Y month from now. But how does it work?.

I know its not usually used for my purpose and it may be too expensive for the realtive little amount I'm talking about. But is it possible and how much would it cost me to be able to buy $5000 at the current Euro/Dollar rate one year from now?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>Hope someone here know more about this area than me:

I think the dollar soon hits its low. I am actually so sure that I want to take advantage of the situation but I'm not in a finacial situation right now to do it. I am planning to go and buy some computer equipment in US in a year from now and I know you can buy some sort of insurance that will allow me to buy X dollars at the current price Y month from now. But how does it work?.

I know its not usually used for my purpose and it may be too expensive for the realtive little amount I'm talking about. But is it possible and how much would it cost me to be able to buy $5000 at the current Euro/Dollar rate one year from now?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm not an expert in the field but sounds like you want what I assume would be called currency options. I'm sure you know that what you described if done with stock is called stock options. So, may I suggest a quick google search on currency options and see what you might dig up.