Grip of death fixed...on ATT

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When I got my iPhone back in August, I experienced the grip problems that killed my signal. When Apple announced the case program, I jumped on board and didn't see the signal drop problems anymore.

I was given a new case for Christmas, but it broke last weekend while I was out of town (2 piece ifrogz case). With my naked iPhone in hand, I was prepared for lost signals and dropped calls; but they never happened. For two days I watched my signal strength obsessively without any signal drop. I tried grabbing the phone in the way that used to kill my signal...not a drop.

Today, I have been reading the speculation that the vzPhone's new antenae fixes the grip of death. But I think it is already fixed. Did I miss this? Did Apple quietly fix the problem? Does anyone else's g.o.d. seem to have vanished?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keda View Post

But I think it is already fixed. Did I miss this? Did Apple quietly fix the problem? Does anyone else's g.o.d. seem to have vanished?

They changed the way the bars measure the signal in a software update. The attenuation should be the same but they have changed the way it displays to reflect the likelihood of a dropped call.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    I remember them changing the bars, but I was still able to cause the bars to drop after that update. I can't get them to budge now—and I've been trying.