Any reason to suspect Aperture 4 soon?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and purchasing Aperture 3 through the app store (yeah, the price is a bit more enticing now). Just curious to know if potentially-legitimate Aperture 4 rumors were floating out there.

My Google searches for Aperture 4 turned up pretty empty, and I tried searching the forums... this is my last stop

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Two years between 2 and 3 suggests two years between 3 and 4.

Aperture 4 in February 2012, then, eh?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Two years between 2 and 3 suggests two years between 3 and 4.

Aperture 4 in February 2012, then, eh?

Why upgrade it when it's selling so well! Top grossing product on MAS! As your own research and the above post suggest I wouldn't expect Aperture 4 for at least 6-12 months. On the whole it's pretty good as it is and its plug-in support allows you to expand it too.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bongobongo Posts: 158member
    What's Apple's stance with upgrading? I've been "trialing" for a couple of weeks and actually think it's worth the move. Do owners of previous versions get an "upgrade" price? or do they have to buy the whole thing all over again at full price?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bongo View Post

What's Apple's stance with upgrading? I've been "trialing" for a couple of weeks and actually think it's worth the move. Do owners of previous versions get an "upgrade" price? or do they have to buy the whole thing all over again at full price?

Well, Aperture is $70 now. For a professional photographer, that's a steal compared to Adobe's prices.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by compulsiveguile View Post

Any reason to suspect Aperture 4 soon?

Not unless it is criminal.