iWeb: can it do forums, Paypal etc?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've built a few sites with iWeb, and now want to do one for a band. There's a service you can use for building the site that has (supposedly) simple ways to do things like forums, and selling music online using paypal. There is a charge to use their web builder and hosting etc of course, and I already have that covered with mobile me.

Cah I accomplish these things in iWeb? Have forums on a site, and set it up so we can sell music on the site using paypal?

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soundhound

Cah I accomplish these things in iWeb? Have forums on a site, and set it up so we can sell music on the site using paypal?

iWeb generates static html pages and you really need dynamic pages in PHP. You can add PHP code to .html files but you have to configure the server to interpret .html as .php. You also need a database for the forum. What you can do though is do the main bulk of the site in iWeb and then create a link to a vBulletin or PHPBB forum that you install and theme. You wouldn't be building the forum theme in iWeb. You can similarly have a shopping cart installation for selling music.

If iWeb is all you've used before, it won't be an easy task to do this as it requires some knowledge of configuring servers, databases and PHP.