Nashua Pride losing streak hits 19 games

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The local Atlantic League baseball team for me is the Nashua Pride. In my AI community picture, I'm wearing a Nashua Pride hat. I like going to the games and the stadium is right down the road for me so I really pay attention to them.

Unfortunately, the team has not won a game since July 3. They have lost a record 19 games in a row. Their record is now 0-14 for the second half of the season. (They split the season in two; the winner of the first half automatically makes the playoffs. It's to keep fans interested.)

Last night at the ballpark was "Guaranteed to win" night, along with "Christmas in July". If the Pride lost last night, every fan in the ballpark would get a free ticket to an upcoming game. 2,000 people walked out with free tickets.

The losing streak is the longest in baseball this year at any level (and probably the longest in a LONG time). The strange thing is that the team above them in the standings (Pennsylvania) had a 12 game losing streak going until they won last night.

Bad baseball? You bet.

Funny as hell yet very sad at the same time? Of course.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Only applenut can save them now.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Well, my local Pacific Coast League team, the Portland Beavers, have scored 46 runs in the last 3 games. We're now back to .500. Sorry your team sucks.