Gabrielle Giffords's recovery noted in terms of iPad use

Comments

• Reply 21 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow.

I (sort of) feel bad bad for the people around you, what with that cynicism seeping from every pore.

Surprisingly, it's only the arrogant nature of this website and the fanboys who contribute to it that gets under my skin this much. I can't help but [attempt] to knock some common sense into the mix. Kind of like my position of not taking a simple remark about an iPad to turn it into a tasteless Apple plug. Especially in a tragedy like this. Apparently some people can't help it.
  • Reply 22 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I'm pleased this lady is getting better but God, putting this as an article here is plumbing new depths of fanboyism.

No. Fanboyism would be saying "8 out of 10 recovering trauma patients prefer Apple brand tablets". Simply reporting that she able to use an iPad is not "fanboyism". It's positive news about her condition. Am I right?
  • Reply 23 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HahaHaha321 View Post

In other news, Al Roker used an iPad on the Today Show this morning! That definitely needs its own article, Daniel.

I'm happy for her recovery like everybody else, but does this need an AppleInsider article? It's a bit distasteful to turn it into an Apple plug.

Oh, please. You are the opposite of the girl shoveling through a room full of crap to find a pony. You'd crawl down head first in a room full of marshmallows to find a tiny turd at the bottom.

Don't go away mad, just go away. Spare us any more of your insipid and self-important graffiti.
  • Reply 24 of 67
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

No. Fanboyism would be saying "8 out of 10 recovering trauma patients prefer Apple brand tablets". Simply reporting that she able to use an iPad is not "fanboyism". It's positive news about her condition. Am I right?

Apparently her doctor thought so.
  • Reply 25 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Touche!

I like your long on Apple so biased comment by the way - I'd love to see CNBC doing the same!

Really, is CNBC long on Apple? More like ABC I would think.
  • Reply 26 of 67
    Quote:

Surprisingly, it's only the arrogant nature of this website and the fanboys who contribute to it that gets under my skin this much. I can't help but [attempt] to knock some common sense into the mix. Kind of like my position of not taking a simple remark about an iPad to turn it into a tasteless Apple plug. Especially in a tragedy like this. Apparently some people can't help it.

Another riposte of the "I know you are, but what am I" level of sophistication.
  • Reply 27 of 67
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

In other news, Al Roker used an iPad on the Today Show this morning! That definitely needs its own article, Daniel.

I'm happy for her recovery like everybody else, but does this need an AppleInsider article? It's a bit distasteful to turn it into an Apple plug.

What's your problem? She can't walk, she can't talk, she can't use a phone. The doctors didn't know if she would survive, much less have use of her limbs or brain function.

Many many people are interested in her recovery, and are pulling for her. I'm glad to hear of any updates her doctors think are appropriate for public consumption.
  • Reply 28 of 67
    This is a site for Apple news, good, bad, and indifferent. When something is widely reported in the media that pertains to Apple and its products, it is appropriate. Dilger just reported what the doctor said, he didn't make it up or embellish it. Trying to make something more of it than that says more about the critic than the subject.
  • Reply 29 of 67
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:

Exactly- this has to be the most ridiculous AI thread ever posted. BY FAR.
  • Reply 30 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

One notorious troll chimes in in support of another. And you, having been here for all of four months would know about the "ever" of this place.
  • Reply 31 of 67
    eulereuler Posts: 81member
    Deleted.......
  • Reply 32 of 67
    eulereuler Posts: 81member
    Seriously though, I think that everyone is glad she is doing better.
  • Reply 33 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euler View Post

Just proves you don't need half-a-brain to use an iPad.

you're right - it's totally inappropriate, and should be deleted.
  • Reply 34 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

This is a site for Apple news, good, bad, and indifferent. When something is widely reported in the media that pertains to Apple and its products, it is appropriate. Dilger just reported what the doctor said, he didn't make it up or embellish it. Trying to make something more of it than that says more about the critic than the subject.

And one might add, he didn't embellish what CBS News and NPR said (the ones that I randomly happened to listen to today).

I guess they must be incorrigible fanbois too!
  • Reply 35 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OldMacGuy View Post

you're right - it's totally inappropriate, and should be deleted.

There's a great mathematician turning in his grave right about now.

What an embarrassment the euler guy is.

The mods should kick hs a** out of here.
  • Reply 36 of 67
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    When I read the article, my first thought was "How cool, she has the cognitive ability to keep up with current events". The fact that the iPad was easy enough to use was an interesting (but secondary) consideration.

My next thought was "When will she be able to type so she can communicate with her staff?"

I am just happy that her recovery is going well so far.
  • Reply 37 of 67
    Quote:

I am so glad you are here to ensure that I act appropriately.

... on second thought... are you always this moronic or is this a special project for you.
  • Reply 38 of 67
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Once again... the trolls come to infest.

Quote:

One notorious troll chimes in in support of another. And you, having been here for all of four months would know about the "ever" of this place.

iLiver's style is very reminiscent of other banned aliases. I'm sure his trollish self could not resist coming back to piss in the pool again.
  • Reply 39 of 67
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

Oh, please. You are the opposite of the girl shoveling through a room full of crap to find a pony. You'd crawl down head first in a room full of marshmallows to find a tiny turd at the bottom.

Thanks for two beautiful images.
  • Reply 40 of 67
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Surprisingly, it's only the arrogant nature of this website

How ironic.

Is www.appleinsider.com the only internet site your browser can access?

Is somebody coercing you into visiting appleinsider.com?

No?

Then it's arrogant of you to visit appleinsider only to start complaining about it.

Obviously you enjoy this website as you keep visiting again and again, if it were so bad you'd simply keep away.