Apple Director "DISPLEASED" with Steve Jobs' morality

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
"The Wall Street Journal reported in April 2010, after York's death, that he was displeased with Jobs's lack of transparency about his illness and had nearly resigned from the board over the matter."

"It is quite selfish to be undergoing innovative, non-FDA approved treatments and not want to share ("privacy") the finest medical information money can buy with less fortunate people who might have exactly the same disease. Those in the middle class might be able to travel to Switzerland for treatment as well, using whatever meager savings are left before Obamacare taxes kick in. Conservative talk radio hosts decry Apple as one of the major campaign contributors to the Democrats. It is hypocritical of Steve Jobs to seek alternative treatment outside the FDA's control which his campaign contributions will deny to others, either through taxation or regulation (i.e. UN's WHO Codex initiative removing vitamins from store shelves as in Canada)."

"I am not a fan of Jobs and his apparent arrogance. Surely if Jobs' medical problems are going to affect Apple and its value, should they not be made public? I do feel that if any CEO of his "legendary" status (I use the word loosely) has a situation such as this, full disclosure is the best way, rather than the dis-information that seems to have been put out in the past. I'm thinking of his "hormonal imbalance" problem that actually turned out to be a liver transplant. Reality was somewhat different and much more serious."

"I hope this time he doesn't use his wealth and power to jump the donor list and take a chance away from someone else who has been waiting a long time."

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/01/...cer-treatment/

i imagine plenty of the Apple board of directors think he's a right c*nt too. Well at least he won't be much longer, they can especially look forward to their summer hols this year when its finally all over!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Wow. That's sufficiently fucked up to get you a ban for content, which is pretty hard to do.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Wow. That's sufficiently fucked up to get you a ban for content, which is pretty hard to do.

Remarkably, this isn't half as bad as his other diatribe. Seems he has some ax to grind. He'll probably claim that someone he knew lost a shot a new liver due to Jobs' "jumping line".
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Remarkably, this isn't half as bad as his other diatribe. Seems he has some ax to grind. He'll probably claim that someone he knew lost a shot a new liver due to Jobs' "jumping line".

Reminds me of the Internet meme, "Screw you, two of my friends died [while waiting for livers]!"

Where the bracketed action is the variable.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sp.8472 View Post

"The Wall Street Journal reported in April 2010, after York's death, that he was displeased with Jobs's lack of transparency about his illness and had nearly resigned from the board over the matter."

"It is quite selfish to be undergoing innovative, non-FDA approved treatments and not want to share ("privacy") the finest medical information money can buy with less fortunate people who might have exactly the same disease. Those in the middle class might be able to travel to Switzerland for treatment as well, using whatever meager savings are left before Obamacare taxes kick in. Conservative talk radio hosts decry Apple as one of the major campaign contributors to the Democrats. It is hypocritical of Steve Jobs to seek alternative treatment outside the FDA's control which his campaign contributions will deny to others, either through taxation or regulation (i.e. UN's WHO Codex initiative removing vitamins from store shelves as in Canada)."

"I am not a fan of Jobs and his apparent arrogance. Surely if Jobs' medical problems are going to affect Apple and its value, should they not be made public? I do feel that if any CEO of his "legendary" status (I use the word loosely) has a situation such as this, full disclosure is the best way, rather than the dis-information that seems to have been put out in the past. I'm thinking of his "hormonal imbalance" problem that actually turned out to be a liver transplant. Reality was somewhat different and much more serious."

"I hope this time he doesn't use his wealth and power to jump the donor list and take a chance away from someone else who has been waiting a long time."

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/01/...cer-treatment/

i imagine plenty of the Apple board of directors think he's a right c*nt too. Well at least he won't be much longer, they can especially look forward to their summer hols this year when its finally all over!

Amen.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    The linked article is actually worth reading.