iPhone users more stupid than average

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40928829...ence-security/

Its common knowledge among those who don't consume Apple products en masse, that Apple designs it products for the intellectually/intuition limited eg while the Mac OSX graphical interface is dumbed down as fcuk, not even requiring the most mean + basic knowledge about computers (as Mac users demonstrate ad nauseum) the lack of intuition etc needed makes tasks take much MUCH longer than the corresponding ones on alternative intuitive etc based graphical interface OS - resulting in DOUBLE the time required to do the same thing on a Mac. Its also essential their biggest customers have weak/'prefer not to think for themselves minds' so they will be total victims to the propaganda/brainwashing (AKA jobs "reality distortion field/'Kool aid') that ensures irrational loyalty/accepting (design)faults + poor value for money to any INSANE degree of any + ALL Apple products both now + at any time created in the future.However this is the first time i've seen any statistical studies on this world renown embarrassing phenomena.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The reason people love apple products is because they are so user friendly. Why make things difficult to do when you can make things simpler for the user? Just because we like things simple does mean we are stupid people. You're argument is very self-centered and egotistical.

If you look at who Apple has been most popular with the last 3 years or so, its college students. Are you saying that most of the American collegiate population is "stupid"? And we're not brainwashed or victims of propaganda, because we have free will to buy whatever we want. Its just most of the people now are switching to a more simpler, user friendly based company.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    trolls are like pigeons... some days they're fun to feed, other days, you'd just as soon shoot 'em
  • Reply 3 of 5
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    That original post reads like an idiot wrote it. Bad Grammar, appalling punctuation, an ugly obession with this "/" and this "+", no spaces after periods, and no actual link to figures ( Apparantly an easy to learn OS then takes DOUBLE the time to do stuff), no real understanding of how OS X works and a link to a site which doesnt show what he might be trying to say. ( I say might because it is such badly written Neanderthal rubbish it is hard to understand)

Take this. Can anyone translate this low IQ'ed rubbish into English.

"have weak/'prefer not to think for themselves minds' so they will be total victims to the propaganda/brainwashing (AKA jobs "reality distortion field/'Kool aid') that ensures irrational loyalty/accepting (design)faults + poor value for money to any INSANE degree of any + ALL Apple products both now + at any time created in the future."

Anyone? Where would we start?

As for me: I live in the terminal on OS X where i do everything in VI.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sp.8472 View Post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40928829...ence-security/

Its common knowledge among those who don't consume Apple products en masse, that Apple designs it products for the intellectually/intuition limited eg while the Mac OSX graphical interface is dumbed down as fcuk, not even requiring the most mean + basic knowledge about computers (as Mac users demonstrate ad nauseum) the lack of intuition etc needed makes tasks take much MUCH longer than the corresponding ones on alternative intuitive etc based graphical interface OS - resulting in DOUBLE the time required to do the same thing on a Mac. Its also essential their biggest customers have weak/'prefer not to think for themselves minds' so they will be total victims to the propaganda/brainwashing (AKA jobs "reality distortion field/'Kool aid') that ensures irrational loyalty/accepting (design)faults + poor value for money to any INSANE degree of any + ALL Apple products both now + at any time created in the future.However this is the first time i've seen any statistical studies on this world renown embarrassing phenomena.

That's not what the story said.

It said that people on smart phones are more likely to click links (that they should't) than people on computers, and it's probably because of the screen size and other things like that. Then it said why does it happen more on the iPhone than on the Blackberry, and it said that corporate people tend to use BlackBerries and consumers tend to use iPhones... and consumers are more likely to click.

Way to distort a story!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePieAlaMode View Post

That's not what the story said.

It said that people on smart phones are more likely to click links (that they should't) than people on computers, and it's probably because of the screen size and other things like that. Then it said why does it happen more on the iPhone than on the Blackberry, and it said that corporate people tend to use BlackBerries and consumers tend to use iPhones... and consumers are more likely to click.

Way to distort a story!

I agree, And I think that a Windows Mobile or an Android Smart phone (touch screen types)user would be just as likely to click a questionable email.