Snow Leopard vs Lion

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all! I am very new to this forum. In fact, this is my very first post...haha

So just a quick run down...I found this forum in the process of searching for pros and cons for the snow leopard and lion mac os system. my macbook pro 13inch is currently running on the leopard 10.5.8...ya i know...i am behind in terms of updating haha

So I came to a decision: I want to update my macbook pro. The problem is, I heard that Lion is coming out in the summer of this year. So should I wait for the lion to come out and then update my macbook pro...or should i just get snow leopard and be happy with it? I have looked through the previews of lion and I am still in the state of deciding whether or not its worth the investment. Any helps/advices will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    It doesn't matter at all. Just wait. Or not. Pay twice or pay once.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I would wait. The difference between what you are running now and SL are smaller than SL to Lion. Unless you want to buy twice. Just wait.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by missingbite View Post

I would wait. The difference between what you are running now and SL are smaller than SL to Lion. Unless you want to buy twice. Just wait.

Have we been told anything about any changes to Lion whatsoever?

Not superficial graphical stuff, the changes that would actually matter in the context of the OP's question.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    A month ago I had an HD crash and it was replaced under Apple Care. Lo and behold the new HD had Snow Leopard pre-installed on it! Free of charge. Free of mentioning, even. It was simply there.

The Apple Care warranty on that MBP is good for another 2 years. HDs don't usually last that long in my experience of the last decade. So I'm actually expecting to get Lion pre-installed on my next HD... Free of charge again, of course.