iMac=Jan 7, 1Gz=Jan 28, ???=Feb19

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
We had the new iMac, we broke the 1Gz barrier, so the party is over.

Or are we?

When MacUser.UK leaked the new Powermac specs to the public, it announced that the release will be on Jan 22, remember? However, we heard these from Apple after a week's frustration.

It is interesting to see that the relase date of the new Powermac is about the middle between MWSF2002 and Seybold2002. Is this a pure coincidence or Apple is trying to maximize the marketing exposure for its new product lines? If it is the case, then we may have something to hear again from Apple on Feb 19!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]Is this a pure coincidence or Apple is trying to maximize the marketing exposure for its new product lines?<hr></blockquote>

No, I'm pretty sure it is standard fare for a company wanting good product exposure, even for new products.
  • Reply 1 of 15
    I say nothing new at Seybold, faster PowerBooks at Tokyo.

Alex
  • Reply 3 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Alexander:

<strong>I say nothing new at Seybold, faster PowerBooks at Tokyo.

Alex</strong><hr></blockquote>

I say Apple will release at least something new at every major event throughout the year whether it be hardware, software, or both.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    tarbashtarbash Posts: 278member
    Apple usually doesn't release new stuff at the spring Seybold conference. Usually its the one in the Fall that makes waves. (G4 in '99)

I think Apple's next big rabbit will be the G5, and we'll probably see it either at MWT, or a Special event thereafter. MWNY at the latest.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    I think we'll see G5
  • Reply 6 of 15
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    apple doesn't have a keynote at seybold ny.

nevermind that, they don't even have a booth on the expo floor.

I'll be there all week so I'll keep you posted of anything that could happen but they only have a rented room for seminars
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Titanium speedbump/mobo bump at Tokyo: 133 Mhz system bus on all models, and G4s at 667, 800 Mhz.

Maybe a new graphics chipset for the Titanium as well, but I doubt it. Apple seems to think that laptop users don't need graphic performance.

What I would really like to see is a higher resolution display for the Titanium. Something with at least the pixel density of the 12" iBook. Looking at a Titanium side by side with an iBook, it's pretty obvious that the iBook's smaller display is of higher quality than the Titanium's. And for OS X we need more than 1024x768 or the likes of it. C'mon Apple, get with the program!!!
  • Reply 8 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>Titanium speedbump/mobo bump at Tokyo: 133 Mhz system bus on all models, and G4s at 667, 800 Mhz.

Maybe a new graphics chipset for the Titanium as well, but I doubt it. Apple seems to think that laptop users don't need graphic performance.

What I would really like to see is a higher resolution display for the Titanium. Something with at least the pixel density of the 12" iBook. Looking at a Titanium side by side with an iBook, it's pretty obvious that the iBook's smaller display is of higher quality than the Titanium's. And for OS X we need more than 1024x768 or the likes of it. C'mon Apple, get with the program!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its funny how you complain about the Titaniums display when it is considered by many analysts to be one of, if not the finest (laptop as well as the screen) in the industry.

What do you mean by saying that apple doesnt think people need better graphics in their nitebooks?
  • Reply 9 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>What I would really like to see is a higher resolution display for the Titanium. Something with at least the pixel density of the 12" iBook. Looking at a Titanium side by side with an iBook, it's pretty obvious that the iBook's smaller display is of higher quality than the Titanium's. And for OS X we need more than 1024x768 or the likes of it. C'mon Apple, get with the program!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

this is something

i don't understand

what exactly does

"higher quality mean"

aren't they both

made by the

same manufacturer

to the exact same

apple specs

of "quality"

iunno
  • Reply 10 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>

Its funny how you complain about the Titaniums display when it is considered by many analysts to be one of, if not the finest (laptop as well as the screen) in the industry.

What do you mean by saying that apple doesnt think people need better graphics in their nitebooks?</strong><hr></blockquote>

1.) the powerbook's screen has NEVER been considered by analysts as one of if not the "finest" out there. the exact opposite is true. most laugh at the poor resolution and poor viewing angles

2.) apple has been extremely slow at adopting and implementing improved graphic chipsets. hell look at the damn iBook. it still has a rage 128. nevermind that it only has 8mb of vram!!! it's ridiculous
  • Reply 11 of 15
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    What use is a PC notebook with a GeForce 2 GO chipset and 32MB of VRAM, that only has 2 hours of battery life in turn.

If you look at notebook specs, you'll quickly see that the average batt life is 2.5 hours for a PC notebook.

Apple's average is 5.5....

If you want to play games with fast graphics, get a desktop. I really consider that the least issue with the Books now.

G-News
  • Reply 12 of 15
    "Apple's average is 5.5...."

hahahahahaha!!!!

iBook 2001-owner
  • Reply 13 of 15
    5.5 is max

all PC laptops last less than their max battery life, how can apple be different?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by G-News:

<strong>What use is a PC notebook with a GeForce 2 GO chipset and 32MB of VRAM, that only has 2 hours of battery life in turn.

If you look at notebook specs, you'll quickly see that the average batt life is 2.5 hours for a PC notebook.

Apple's average is 5.5....

If you want to play games with fast graphics, get a desktop. I really consider that the least issue with the Books now.

G-News</strong><hr></blockquote>

easy there boy

1.) Geforce 2Go uses only slightly more power than the rage 128 used currently and it has power saving features so it would be about equal at all times. the radeon mobility actually uses less power at times than the rage 128 and is more efficient at handling its power usage

2.) iBook or a powerbook doesn't get close to 5.5 max never mind average. average is more like 3 hours if doing normal use. much less if stressing the systems and brightness is high
  • Reply 15 of 15
    pookjppookjp Posts: 280member
    [quote] What I would really like to see is a higher resolution display for the Titanium. Something with at least the pixel density of the 12" iBook. Looking at a Titanium side by side with an iBook, it's pretty obvious that the iBook's smaller display is of higher quality than the Titanium's. And for OS X we need more than 1024x768 or the likes of it. C'mon Apple, get with the program!!! <hr></blockquote>

Amen, brother, amen.

- Pook