Moved: Dissection of the AI logo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

We've all accessed it about a zillion times, but I wonder if we've really looked at it.

The font, for example, used to make up the text: what is it? And what does the retro-future stlye mean? Are we going back to the future? Are we going forward to the past? Is it time for the funk?

And the four dots: What are they?

The first one looks like an iBook (dual USB) speaker grille, but my speakers don't have a white ring around them. Do yours? Does it symbolize something? Like the idea that the white ring of thruth will come from these speakers?

The second one is easily identifiable: The letter 'k' on a smoke powerbook g4 keyboard. Still, why 'k'? Is this to symbolize AI's descent into a virtual k-hole, strung out on the website version of ketamine?

The third dot. It's so extremely close-up and undefineable. Does it represent the inscrutable and mysterious nature of normality?

Finally, the fourth dot. I think it's a graphite case closeup, but I'm not sure. The scale is also different. Maybe it represents the surface of things, being a closeup of surface.

Finally, the dots taken together: Why the small portholes of vision? Does this represent the very nature of tracking Apple and the Mac? That you can only see part of the picture, and even when you see clearly, you get no context? Is this allusion to the infuriating secrecy enshrouding Apple?

Jet

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: Jamie ]</p>

Comments