Moved: ibook under attack!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
this story is somewhat interesting/funny and it was suggested to me that it was post-worthy. i've never started a new thread before... so here it goes...

i got my new ibook (my first mac) over the weekend and i was extremely excited to show it off. so yesterday i went to eat on college green and i took it with me. college green is the place where uptown athens meets campus. it is a lawn with lot's of trees and brick sidewalks. anyways, i plopped down under a tree opened my ibook, logged on to the wireless network, and started eating my lunch.

i had been sitting for about fifteen minutes when i started to notice that something kept dropping around me. my first thought was that a "friend" was throwing something at me. i continued to hear noises and it was all fun and games until my ibook got hit! i looked over and saw the cracked case of an acorn! fortunately it hit just to the right of the track pad. it had left a little acorn juice (but nothing was hurt). i quickly shut the computer and another one hit the top and exploded. scared that my precious little ibook was under attack i picked it up and cradled it on my lap. i became suspicious of everyone around me. was it a pc user who was too afraid to switch? another mac user jealous of my new ibook?

as it turns out nobody was attacking my ibook. my companion pointed out that the acorns were coming from the tree. my next thought was that squirrels were ambushing my ibook. maybe on a mission from bill gates to confiscate all apple products. maybe squirrels are smarter than we think and want to surf the net wvia wireless access. he also pointed out that that was a (somewhat) ridiculous thought. who knows? the power of an ibook could be very overwhelming even in the animal world.

needless to say i won't be sitting under that tree anymore.

anyone else have any funny apple/animal stories?

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: Jamie ]</p>

Comments