iPhone and iTunes

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Now, I have been using iPods and iTunes for years. I just got the new iPhone 4 and cannot break out of the Music Store and see my own playlists. What is the trick?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    It sounds like you are using the iTunes app. For your music you want to use the Music app (it might be labeled as iPod) and for video you want to use the Video app. As you fond out the iTunes app is for accessing the iTunes Store.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by expresslane View Post

Now, I have been using iPods and iTunes for years. I just got the new iPhone 4 and cannot break out of the Music Store and see my own playlists. What is the trick?

I'm curious what you think the iPod application does.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

It sounds like you are using the iTunes app. For your music you want to use the Music app (it might be labeled as iPod) and for video you want to use the Video app. As you fond out the iTunes app is for accessing the iTunes Store.

The Music app and Video app are for the iPod Touch. On the iPhone, the iPod app combines these.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by priscillajlaw View Post

I want to download an album off of the iPhone itunes store. When i plug my iPhone into my computer will the music be updated onto my computer itunes library?

As long as your iPhone is linked to the iTunes account on your computer -- yes.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The Music app and Video app are for the iPod Touch. On the iPhone, the iPod app combines these.

Thanks. I have the Touch but not the phone.