One Hour Photo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
First off, my expectations were too high. I walked into the theatre handing this thing a Best Picture nomination and it took me 30 minutes into the thing to start being objective about it.

Robin Williams was great at playing a very lonely man slowly going crazy. He needs to drop the lame comedy roles and work on real acting, because he excels at it. (I also thought he was good in Insomnia.)

The film is suspenseful without relying on too many cliches or overt terror tactics (guns to the head, et al) and most of the fear you have is for Williams himself, not wanting him to slip fully into insanity and hoping he can find some kind of redemption before he goes (or maybe I'm just an optimist).

***1/2

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Duh! i thought you meant the paper photos...

with all the digicam stuff " why should anyone wait 60 .. 27 .. 13 minutes to have his photos??"

I'll go tomorrow to have hopefully the last paper stuff developed... to have them for Wired...

Now when's that film gonna be out in Yurrop?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I like the look/premise of this movie, but there's just one things stopping me: Robin Williams.

I CAN'T STAND THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he does a great job (heard good things), but I just have some sort of internal wiring that doesn't let me see movies with him, Susan Sarandon and Sharon Stone in them.

I do, however, dig on that wife in the movie! Sexy soccer mom with short black hair? HELLO! My desire to see her for a couple of hours might override my hatred for Williams.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I saw the movie when it first came out and I really enjoyed it. Robin Williams really was great in it.

I also liked when the father was in the store looking at USB cables and he was asking if it would work on his Mac