iPhone 4 won't sync pictures from iPhoto

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi, I just got an iPhone 4 and spent time on Sunday setting it all up & transferring my iPhone 3G settings, contacts, music etc onto the new phone.

All was fine when syncing until the iPhone needed to transfer across the selected albums I have on my phone from iPhoto. I then got a message which said "The iPhone 'Sue's iPhone' cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found." When I clcked OK in the dialogue box, the sync ended & no photos from iPhoto were on my iPhone.

I wondered if it was due to us having switched from an iBook G4 to a MacBook but when I synced my old iPhone 3G, my iPod Touch & my husband's iPhone 4 they all synced with no problem & picked up all the selected albums from iPhoto.

Anyone any ideas on what might be the reason and how we fix this? iPhoto does recognise my iPhone 4 as it opened when I plugged in my phone.

Any ideas/suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    All I can say is better a Sussex babe than an Essex girl. Though my wife graduated from U of E.

Many people had this photo syncing issue after the last iPhoto update. You need to use iTunes to remove all photos and albums from your iPhone (turn "Sync photos" to OFF and then sync) and then re-sync your photos from scratch. If this still doesn't work, do the same again, but rebuild your iPhoto thumbnail cache.