iPad pricing after the release of iPad 2

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
The day iPad 2 hits the Apple Store, who's with me on there being at least one iPad for sale at the $399 price-point? It's easy to assume that it will be the 16GB iPad 1 at that price. But what if it's the 16GB iPad 2? I think it might be. Well find out soon enough, but I sincerely hope they do this.

A 16GB iPad 2 for $399 with Apple's new and improved (FREE) Mobile Me? I could get behind that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    venerablevenerable Posts: 108member
    Not a chance.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    The entry 16GB iPad 2 is $499 but a refurb iPad 1 should be a fair bit cheaper now.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The day iPad 2 hits the Apple Store, who's with me on there being at least one iPad for sale at the $399 (€399) price-point?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Venerable View Post

Not a chance.

Ireland:

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODA0NQ

USA:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB...co=MTcyMTg1MDA

"Venerable" ?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    They've messed up the pricing on the UK page:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODA0NQ

£399 for the iPad 32GB. They better get that changed back pretty quick.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

They've messed up the pricing on the UK page:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODA0NQ

£399 for the iPad 32GB. They better get that changed back pretty quick.

£329 now.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    idadidad Posts: 17member
    Free.Mobile me?............ I want my money back!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDad View Post

Free.Mobile me?............ I want my money back!

Please use grammar to explain yourself here.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

£329 now.

Ah, they're dropping the prices. It's so unusual of Apple, I figured the 32GB iPad was priced too low but it was the entry one priced too high. That £329 price is awesome. If only they'd leave it at that for the second one but once the inventory gets flushed, back up it goes.

Still no mention of it being a master device yet either. I just think how perfect it would be for some of my relatives to be able to watch movies from an external HDD or USB optical and use as their main computer for browsing/email/photos/syncing to a phone etc.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Still no mention of it being a master device yet either. I just think how perfect it would be for some of my relatives to be able to watch movies from an external HDD or USB optical and use as their main computer for browsing/email/photos/syncing to a phone etc.

I think this is a big deal too. I personally have a few relatives who I know I could recommend the iPad to them if it was a master device. There's no doubt in my mind if the iPad had a "-> slide to setup" button on the home-screen when you took it out of the box it would be a far more awesome product. That and free Mobile Me and you've got an easy sell.

All iOS devices should ask you if you have an Apple ID to enter it when you turn them on for the-first-time, and if you don't they should offer you the ability to instantly create one. After that all your stuff should be setup. It should be that simple. That day will come, eventually, I have no doubt. But everyday up until that day is a waiting game. What's holding this back the most is the fact that Mobile Me is not free. I hope Apple sees the light on this one. I know I have personally e-mailed Jobs a couple of times on this one. He gave me a response before, but not for the Mobile Me e-mails I sent him. I hope he read them. I think I made a compelling case to him for why Mobile Me needs to be free. I won't tell you what Jobs responded to or what he said. I don't play that game.