Experienced Apple consumers, please help!

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Hi Everyone!

I'm in quite of an unusual situation.

I live in Denmark, where iPad will be God knows when, and be a lot more expensive.

However, I am in New York on March 11!

I have never been in line for an Apple launch, let alone a launch in the US.

I have plans between 9 and 10 AM and the again 12-14 AM at the UN building.

Is it realistic to still get my hands on an iPad 2 if I get in line after 14:00 AM? How much line should I expect? Where should I go if I want the shortest line? The biggest store? A smaller one? Are there any resellers who I can go to?

I want to balance time in line with security of getting one, with security of getting one getting the highest priority.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    venerablevenerable Posts: 108member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VWXYZ View Post

Hi Everyone!

I'm in quite of an unusual situation.

I live in Denmark, where iPad will be God knows when, and be a lot more expensive.

However, I am in New York on March 11!

I have never been in line for an Apple launch, let alone a launch in the US.

I have plans between 9 and 10 AM and the again 12-14 AM at the UN building.

Is it realistic to still get my hands on an iPad 2 if I get in line after 14:00 AM? How much line should I expect? Where should I go if I want the shortest line? The biggest store? A smaller one? Are there any resellers who I can go to?

I want to balance time in line with security of getting one, with security of getting one getting the highest priority.

Any help is much appreciated!

Apple announced that it will roll out to 26 countries, including Denmark, on March 25, so that part is no longer a mystery. Impossible to predict how many will be available at any given store. I arrived at the Michigan Ave., Chicago, store shortly after the 3G iPads went on sale, which was a Friday at 5PM. There were probably 100 people already waiting and it took me about 45 minutes to get in and purchase 2 iPads, and there were still plenty left. Coming in at the end of the day when they go on sale at 9AM is probably not going to work.