Here It Comes ....

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
So ....

iMovie for iOS may or may not work with iPad v1 ....

Sure -- it works with iPad 2 running iOS 4.3 .... just not with the other iPad running iOS 4.3 ....

The biggest knock Apple Fanbois!!11!1!!!? have against Android & all it's permutations is it's fragmentation -- and now. here it is happening to us ....

What gives?!?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Take off the tin foil hat, take some medicine, and leave the Internet for a few days.

Who fricking cares? iMovie doesn't work on older iPhones, either. There'll be a jailbreak that allows it.

Here's what Apple should do: Make it available, and just allow users to add video content via iTunes the same way documents are added to other applications. Simple.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    carymgcarymg Posts: 72member
    Mother of Christ are you a ....
  • Reply 3 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,337moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

There'll be a jailbreak that allows it.

This might be a RAM issue. The supported devices on the list will have minimum 512MB RAM:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-a...re/imovie.html

The desktop version has a 1GB requirement as does Final Cut Pro:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/systemrequirements.html

which makes sense as they'd allow 256MB for IGP VRAM and 256MB for the OS and 512MB for iMovie/FCP.

This is probably the first example of fragmentation in the iOS devices because the other times this sort of thing happens, like with the OS updates, the hardware is no longer supported. iPad 1 is not even 1 year old.

At least they will support Garageband though:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-a...arageband.html

they can possibly justify the lack of support for iMovie beyond memory requirements too by not having the cameras. It would be an idea to bundle the camera connection kit with the next iPad too. I can see people buying iMovie and then wondering how to get video off their cameras. The whole iTunes file transfer idea is not going to be the first thing they think of doing.

Micro-USB would have been useful.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    It is beyond pathetic that I hafta actually point this out, but soon-to-be-made-illegal procedures [JailBreaking]

& settleing ["... at least it runs GarageBand!] IS NOT THE POINT ....

What's the difference between the above excuses & an Android fragmentation apologist ?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaryMG View Post

It is beyond pathetic that I hafta actually point this out, but soon-to-be-made-illegal procedures [JailBreaking]

News flash: Not only is it not illegal to jailbreak devices, it's protected by law under the DMCA. This was settled last year.

STOP. SPREADING. FUD.

Quote:

What's the difference between the above exuses & Android fragmentation apologists?

Because this has nothing to do with fragmentation. Do you (foolish sentence subject, I know) expect Lion to run on a six year old Mac? No. Because the hardware can't handle it.

And if the amount of RAM in the 1st gen iPad isn't enough for GarageBand, so be it. Just like the amount of RAM in the iPhone 3GS isn't enough for iMovie for iPhone.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:

& settleing ["... at least it runs GarageBand!] IS NOT THE POINT ....

What's the difference between the above excuses & an Android fragmentation apologist ?

No, the only thing beyond pathetic is your logic. Well that and your handle on facts as Tallest Skil has pointed out.

I only poke in here to add more throw-weight behind him, the important retort to your stuff was already said higher in the thread.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I can see Apple Insider betrays it's assumed demo

so I'll say it nice & slow ,,,

Quote:

[It's] not illegal to jailbreak devices ....

When did I say it is illegal?

When, FFS?

When?!?

I said SOON-TO-BE-MADE illegal ....

Jesus, now you're gonna just out & out lie?!?

Quote:

Do you expect Lion to run on a six year old Mac?

A recent OS running on significantly earlier hardware HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN APP RUNNING ON 2 INSTANCES

OF LESS-THAN-ONE-YEAR-APART HARDWARE WITH THE EXACT SAME OS

Oh wait ....

You're pulling my leg, right? lol

I mean, no one can possibly be this thick.

OK -- you got me !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Wait. wha -- ?

You're serious ?

Quote:

And if the amount of RAM in the 1st gen iPad isn't enough for GarageBand, so be it.

That's it, huh?

Just "so be it" ....

Nothing worry at all about this being the first crack in the dam holding back the high pressure of anti-iOS sentiment.

Quote:

Just like the amount of RAM in the iPhone 3GS isn't enough for iMovie for iPhone.

Again, this should be of major conce -- ....

Oh just go away.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

I said SOON-TO-BE-MADE illegal ....

Jesus, now you're gonna just out & out lie?!?

And I said, "already-has-been-declared-legal".

You're just going to out and out ignore truth.

Quote:

Acting

Your acting would be better if it wasn't so hammy.

Quote:

That's it, huh?

Just "so be it" ....

Nothing worry at all about this being the first crack in the dam holding back the high pressure of anti-iOS sentiment.

So don't buy from Apple? Your issue is you expect innovation to be stifled by supporting old hardware.