Screen Glare and overheating from sunlight for IPad2

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Anyone find any commentary regarding these two IPad issues? Have they been "corrected" in IPad2?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Don P View Post

Anyone find any commentary regarding these two IPad issues? Have they been "corrected" in IPad2?

Glare is a user problem, hold the screen right and you won't have a problem.

As to overheating I suspect that is a safety feature for the lithium batteries. So I don't expect that to be "corrected" either.

What I do see here is a bit of an attitude problem. You seem to think that useful features need to be "corrected". This isn't the case at all as most people prefer iPads sharp screen and are able to manage the glare because the machine is handheld. The temperature limit is another issue and honestly we don't know why Apple iOS devices (all of them) have such a low limit on high temp. Personally I speculate that it is a battery chemistry issue, what ever it is I'm sure Apple has a rational reason.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    don pdon p Posts: 9member
    I have no attitude problem. I don't know how my observation could be interpreted that way. The simple fact is that I live in a warm and sunny climate. The glare on the IPad is more than the one on the book tablets I have seen (i.e. nook/kindle). It's not a major problem but it is noticeable. A couple months ago I was sitting in the backyard reading a book and my IPad shut down due to overheating. Again, no big deal but noticeable. I simply asked if anyone had heard whether Apple was addressing this minor problem. By the lack of comments to this thread I've gotten my answer? I also know that I can tilt the screen and lessen the glare but only to some extent. You're overly sensitive.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Glare is a user problem, hold the screen right and you won't have a problem.

As to overheating I suspect that is a safety feature for the lithium batteries. So I don't expect that to be "corrected" either.

What I do see here is a bit of an attitude problem. You seem to think that useful features need to be "corrected". This isn't the case at all as most people prefer iPads sharp screen and are able to manage the glare because the machine is handheld. The temperature limit is another issue and honestly we don't know why Apple iOS devices (all of them) have such a low limit on high temp. Personally I speculate that it is a battery chemistry issue, what ever it is I'm sure Apple has a rational reason.

• Reply 3 of 3
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    There was some speculation that the iPad2 might get some sort of anti-glare display, but that apparently was just another silly rumor, and I think that the screen is the same as the iPad1.

I haven't tried or used an iPad in direct sunlight, but I probably wouldn't want to be lying on a beach somewhere trying to read an ebook on an iPad. I would probably just pick up a kindle (which is cheap now) in addition to the iPad if I intended to spend alot of time outside under the sun and if I planned on reading alot.