MacbookAir or MacbookPro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am interested in a 13 inch Macbook---mostly for web surfing, email, and some Photoshop==

mostly color correction, selections, and a bit of touch up---nothing too involved and no gaming--

my question is altho both will do what I want---how important is having 8megs of ram as opposed

to 4? The light weight of the Air is a definite plus---

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post

I am interested in a 13 inch Macbook---mostly for web surfing, email, and some Photoshop==

mostly color correction, selections, and a bit of touch up---nothing too involved and no gaming--

my question is altho both will do what I want---how important is having 8megs of ram as opposed

to 4? The light weight of the Air is a definite plus---

More memory is more better.The MBA still has the old core 2 duo compared to the new MBP with the i5 and Thunderbolt technology also. Think about that.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

More memory is more better.The MBA still has the old core 2 duo compared to the new MBP with the i5 and Thunderbolt technology also. Think about that.

It's something of a conundrum right now. The MacBook Pro's processor is better, sure, but the MacBook Air's graphics are better. Not that you'd be doing anything graphically intensive on a MacBook Air, but when the Sandy Bridge model comes out, you'll have a wicked fast CPU, the same graphics, and Thunderbolt all in an obscenely thin package.

Though when that's to happen is anyone's guess. The chips are out now, but it doesn't seem like they'll be riding along soon.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Get the MacBook Air and you will love it. For what you plan to do with your computer, hell it will be faster than the 13" & 15" Pros. Once you go with an Air, you will never look want any other computer. I promise you.

Please check out this forum and read all the positive experiences people are having with the MBA. Folks that have the MBA stop using other devices like iPads and iMacs, cuz it does 99% of what 95% of the people want:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122