video playback issues in iOS 4.3

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a number of non-iTunes movies loaded on my iPad and iPhone 4, prior to the 4.3 update, I was able to play all of them. After 4.3, only movies with 2-channel audio playback. I have not tried Airplay to my AppleTV but I imagine that it won't work. If I playback a movie with more than 2 audio channels from the beginning, the first second of audio will loop but video will continue to playback. If I scrub through the video, playback stops altogether.

I have now tried playback from a movie on my Apple TV and have the same playback problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveorona18 View Post

I have a number of non-iTunes movies loaded on my iPad and iPhone 4, prior to the 4.3 update, I was able to play all of them. After 4.3, only movies with 2-channel audio playback. I have not tried Airplay to my AppleTV but I imagine that it won't work. If I playback a movie with more than 2 audio channels from the beginning, the first second of audio will loop but video will continue to playback. If I scrub through the video, playback stops altogether.

I have now tried playback from a movie on my Apple TV and have the same playback problem.

I have been converting my 6-ch audio movies to 2-ch stereo. those seem to be playing back without problems. I don't understand why Apple would remove the ability to playback surround sound audio. Am I the only one having this issue?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mcammcam Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveorona18 View Post

I have been converting my 6-ch audio movies to 2-ch stereo. those seem to be playing back without problems. I don't understand why Apple would remove the ability to playback surround sound audio. Am I the only one having this issue?

I have the same issue. I did the update and got on a plane to see that non of my movies work. 5 hour plane. Is there any solutions if you are not by a computer? What did you use to convert the movies?

Issues:

1- no audio playback on the movies

2- you can not scroll to a spot in the movie and play it

Any help would be great!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mcam View Post

I have the same issue. I did the update and got on a plane to see that non of my movies work. 5 hour plane. Is there any solutions if you are not by a computer? What did you use to convert the movies?

Issues:

1- no audio playback on the movies

2- you can not scroll to a spot in the movie and play it

Any help would be great!

nothing you can do if you are on a plane and unable to convert the existing videos to 2 ch stereo. I have found that AirVideo for the iOS works using the "Play with Live Conversion" feature. however you would already need to have the server software (free) running on your computer at home.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I also like how you resolved the situation