iPad 2 camera stops working on Day 1

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Yesterday after several hours of playing, I found the iPad 2 rear camera no longer working. It freezes at shutter opening screen. Tried cold reset, restore factory settings, erase and restore everything. No luck yet.

Am I the only one so unlucky?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mysimov View Post

Yesterday after several hours of playing, I found the iPad 2 rear camera no longer working. It freezes at shutter opening screen. Tried cold reset, restore factory settings, erase and restore everything. No luck yet.

Probably not. You should have waited for the 1st revision. The problem is that it is so hard to resist the Apple temptation to get the new product immediately.

If the problem persists then simply return it.

You did keep the receipt and original package right?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I just now encountered the same problem. I went to use FaceTime and instead of seeing my face I saw a paused picture from a few days ago. Then it just went black. The camera app is now a frozen shutter. Im not about to return it now since I probably can't get a timely replacement.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mysimov View Post

Yesterday after several hours of playing, I found the iPad 2 rear

camera no longer working. It freezes at shutter opening screen. Tried cold reset, restore factory settings, erase and restore everything. No luck yet.

• Reply 3 of 3
    wow that's not good news...