Renting Video Games Online

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I found this website that is offering unlimited video game rentals for 20 bucks a month.

<a href="http://www.gametransit.com"; target="_blank">http://www.gametransit.com</a>;

Supposedly you sign up, pick the games you want and they mail them out to. As soon as you finish the game you mail it back and get your next one.

Is anyone signed up for anything like this? Do you think its safe or worth the money?

My local blockbuster is always running out of the games I want.

I was just wondering what any of the gamers here thought.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Appears to work just like Netflix. It's probably with it if you spend more then $20 a month on video game rentals and can never get the games you want. Otherwise, your local blockbuster is probably a better deal. I did Netflix over the summer, but canceled it simply because it wasn't the $20 a month for me.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    [quote]Originally posted by Dogcow:

<strong>Appears to work just like Netflix. It's probably with it if you spend more then $20 a month on video game rentals and can never get the games you want. Otherwise, your local blockbuster is probably a better deal. I did Netflix over the summer, but canceled it simply because it wasn't the $20 a month for me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

When you did Netflix, did the movies come in a timely fashion? They say they ship first class but does that mean it gets there really quick?

I'd probably get impatient and run to Blockbuster.

The reason I'd consider this monthly thing is because I get real tired of games pretty quickly. I'd rather try them out for a few weeks and then just get rid of them. That doesn't work at Blockbuster because of the late fees.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Usually in about 2-3 days. So think, 2-3 to ship a game there, and 2-3 days for them to ship one back, plus another day for "processing". Netflix let you have 3 movies at a time, so that was not a problem.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    for $14 a month you can get netflix but only 2 dvds at a time thats the plan im on right now... its not too bad at all i get through about 2-3 movies a week (well lately they have been sopranoes episodes)