iPad availablility

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Other than ordering a iPad-2 from Apple, WHERE can one purchase one from? I am sitting here ready to buy, and cannot find one in my area. Where are they? I may end up buying a first generation model.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rickki View Post

Other than ordering a iPad-2 from Apple, WHERE can one purchase one from? I am sitting here ready to buy, and cannot find one in my area. Where are they? I may end up buying a first generation model.

Apple stores, Target, Best Buy, Sam's Club (maybe?), Verizon and AT&T stores. There's no guarantee that you'll find one but you can always get there and stand in line hoping.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I would just order from Apple and wait it out. No sense in getting a first gen one or dealing with the craziness of the lines.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rickki View Post

It might be better to simply order from Apple but you need to know your wait will be over a month.

By the way the AT&T price on the old models is extremely attractive, especially their new promotion. The problem is iPad one will be come outdated very quickly. Some people will dismiss that but we already have many iPad 2 optimized apps and the device is hardly a month old. There is a huge jump in capability for developers when going to iPad2 so I expect Ipad 1 to be left in the dust fairly quickly.