Ipad and Webcam

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I tried to attach my Webcam to my Ipad and was informed that it required too much power for the Ipad to use it.

What webcam is sufficiently low in energy requirement to use on on the Ipad?

Has anyone tried this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    None. This CANNOT be done. What in the WORLD gave you the idea that it was possible?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

None. This CANNOT be done. What in the WORLD gave you the idea that it was possible?

Well, since many cell'phones and other other gadgets have the capability, I was curious to see if Ipad would do this. Secondly I am no genius!

I am new to the Ipad, and have been learning procedures.

Thanks anyway for settling my mind.

Laurence
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laurence R Morrison View Post

Well, since many cell'phones and other other gadgets have the capability...

What cell phone has the capability to plug a WEBCAM in? Particularly when you can't even buy a phone without a built-in camera these days.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lavondahz View Post

Yes you can use it for skype, but you cant take advantage of the video (web-cam) feature due to Apples idiotic ways.

Did someone release the crazy gas? What does this even mean?

The iPad has a built in front facing camera that can be accessed by apps via the SDK. How did you plan to "take advantage" of the camera? What idiotic ways?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The iPad has a built in front facing camera that can be accessed by apps via the SDK. How did you plan to "take advantage" of the camera? What idiotic ways?

He's a spambot, just report him.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why the hate?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Wow. If this is the way new people are treated here... The question implies he's new to the iPad, and certainly new to the iPad2, and you responded as if the guy was a retard.