This woman who owes me money.... is in the slammer!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Man this feels good.

This lady scammed my company out of $500. I thought it was a pretty big deal, until the paper got here this morning. Apparently I am going to have a little trouble collecting my money, since she is now behind bars!

My little $500 is nothing compared to what she took her former employer for... a little over $967,000. I now have the article up on the bulletin board in the office here. The $1M is crossed out, and it now reads $1,000,500.00.

I can't link the article, because the local newspaper site has it in a table... changes daily. I'll post the text for the hell of it - some is pretty funny. Talk about embarassing... spending thousands on breast implants, donating some of it, getting credit cards in her boss's name... this lady is classic.

Check this out:

[quote]$1M fraud puts Hatter behind bars

By LISSA SWIHART

Medicine Hat News

A two-year shopping spree with nearly a million-dollar price tag bagged a 52-month jail term for a Hat woman Thursday.

Dea Lynn Davies, 35, was sentenced in Medicine Hat provincial court Thursday to four years and four months in jail after pleading guilty to five counts of uttering a forged document.

"Nothing that happens to (Davies) will change what her crimes did to the family she was employed by," said Crown prosecutor Stephanie Cleary.

The charges stem back to 1999 when Davies was hired for $1,400 per month as a bookkeeper for local rancher Dale Dola, whose family owns Dola Livestock and Cactus Feeders.

"In the fall of 2001, Mr. Dola became concerned with Mrs. Davies' spending habits but she told him she had received a family inheritance," Cleary told Judge Dietrich Brand. "He became suspicious when she spent $5,000 on a signed Calgary Stampeders football at an auction."

An investigation launched by his accountants unveiled a shocking record of money stolen by Davies from Dola.

"She would write in the book that cheques had been written to someone else but she'd actually write them to herself," said Cleary. "Starting in August of 1999, shortly after her employment with Dola began, to the end of January, 2001, $967,605.73 had been stolen."

Davies not only forged cheques from Dola, she applied for credit cards in his name.

Among the purchases made by Davies with Dola's money were: A 2002 Dodge Durango with license plate MYDODGE and three other vehicles, a holiday trailer, horses and a horse trailer. She also put $65,000 into a land development investment, gave $15,000 to her sister as a gift, spent $10,000 at Costco, donated $5,000 to the Ringette Association, bought a tanning bed, had extensive dental work done, spent $3,000 on Goodlife Foods, $1,200 on lingerie, thousands on breast implants and paid for some family travelling.

She also made upgrades to her rental property and spent thousands on electronics, jewelry, and furniture.

"Mrs. Davies squandered the Dola family legacy," said Cleary. "She spent their money like it was water."

Cleary said Davies' latest car was a leased Firebird with a personalized license plate of some version of "In Control."

Davies, the blond-haired, pony-tailed mother of four, showed little emotion when sentenced. Family and friends of both Davies and Dola were present in the courtroom.

Davies was arrested at the end of January and pleaded guilty Sept. 5.

Investigators have recovered items worth $100,000 included in $583,777.22 of the stolen money traced so far. The rest of the money has yet to be accounted for.

"Mrs. Davies simply says that she spent it," said Cleary. "The other $300,000-plus is likely unrecoverable."

While Davies is in jail her two youngest daughters will move to Manitoba to stay with their grandmother and her second oldest daughter will move to Saskatchewan with an aunt. Davies' oldest daughter lives on her own.

Members of the Dola family declined to comment to The News about the ruling.

Brand said the court needed to respond harshly to Davies' large-scale fraud in light of its effect on the Dolas.

"Dale Dola has to build up that credit again," said Brand. "It will take a long time with uncertainty."

Because of a discrepancy about a more than $20,000-debt to the Bank of Nova Scotia that may or may not be included in the $967,605.73, Brand ruled that a restitution order would be decided at a later date.<hr></blockquote>

This article alone is worth $250. Knowing that she might be traded for cigarettes is worth the other $250.

HA HA HA

The only sad thing is her kids are being spread out now with family, and much of her boss's family fortune is now gone. People are just unbelievable.

[ 10-25-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]

[ 10-25-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    one bad person down...Bill Gates to go.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I bet her ****ing kids have shit that she bought with the money. I'd go after them too. Hate to say it but if 'lil' sally has a $10k watch or some shit like that .... rip it off her wrist.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    haha ijerry, i loved your post!