Orbital - Halcyon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've loved this song ever since i first heard it at the beginning of hackers. I was wondering if anyone knows of other songs of this genre that are this amazing...i think one of the reasons i like it so much is because it makes me thinking of the movie, but just listening to it makes me close my eyes and just take in the sound. If you've never heard this i'd recommend it...and if you've never seen hackers i'd see that first so you can hear the song in that first

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I have that on my iPod... gotta listen it now
  • Reply 2 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member

this song makes me think about soo much stuff ... it feels really good. thank you ast3r3x for that input...

enjoy your life ! shameless quote ...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Ah, pet topic for me, since Orbital are one of my favourite groups. and I've had the pleasure of meeting them a few times now.

Halcyon is definitely a classic, and there aren't many tracks to touch it.

Trivia department: Macs feature in the Orbital studio.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    yes, definitely a classic. also try from orbital: the box and the sinner.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>yes, definitely a classic. also try from orbital: the box and the sinner.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahhh The Box... Such a "trippy" song. Try to fing the single version. It's in 4 parts and last something like 32min. It's amazing. With iTunes visual you're in for an experience

Orbital are amazing, how can they put that many distinct melodies at the same time without making a mess? Pure genius!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    eee eee lalalalala.

pfft. real orbital = lush (underworld rmx).

woo®
  • Reply 7 of 9
    eee eee lalalalala.

pfft. real orbital = lush (underworld rmx).

woo®
  • Reply 8 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i have still some music of that type, ast3r3x. i lived in UK with a greek hac... friend who irced all the nights and listened to that kind of music 24 7.

so i should have 300-400 mb of that kind of music somewhere. pm 4 list.

i started to suddenly miss that kind of classical music.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    could you give me some titles or send me a cd of it?