Bomb threat forces evacuation of Apple's Sacramento facility

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A bomb threat at Apple's distribution center in Elk Grove, Calif., forced an evacuation of three buildings while emergency personnel assessed the potential threat, though no bomb was found.

People with knowledge of Monday's ongoing incident informed AppleInsider that the eastern three buildings A, B and C have been evacuated at the Apple Sacramento Campus. The site is used for receiving, warehousing and logistics, and is comprised of three warehouses totaling 450,000 square feet.

The buildings were evacuated Monday around 12:30 p.m. Eastern, 9:30 a.m. Pacific. As of Monday afternoon around 2:30 Eastern, 11:30 local time, emergency personnel were still on scene.

The evacuated buildings house refurbished products, returns, finance and human resource operations for Apple.

Update: According to Sacramento's Fox40, the all-clear was given by Elk Grove police after five hours. Officials searched more than 100,000 square feet of area to ensure there was no real threat.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A bomb threat at Apple's distribution center in Elk Grove, Calif., has forced an evacuation of three buildings while emergency personnel assess the potential threat.

People with knowledge of Monday's ongoing incident informed AppleInsider that the eastern three buildings A, B and C have been evacuated at the Apple Sacramento Campus. The site is used for receiving, warehousing and logistics, and is comprised of three warehouses totaling 450,000 square feet.

The buildings were evacuated Monday around 12:30 p.m. Eastern, 9:30 a.m. Pacific. As of Monday afternoon around 2:30 Eastern, 11:30 local time, emergency personnel were still on scene.

The evacuated buildings house refurbished products, returns, finance and human resource operations for Apple.

Talk about being the Bomb in technology they are so HOT right about now they're BLOWIN' UP THE SPOT LOL,,,,
  • Reply 2 of 34
    Some competitors will do anything to stop the flow of Apple products.

Maybe an employee was late for a deadline and needed more time to get finished.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    ...a Zune
  • Reply 4 of 34
    wurm5150wurm5150 Posts: 763member
    The bomb threat call was traced from an ANDROID phone that originated from Mountain View, CA.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    nkalunkalu Posts: 315member
    This is sad. Someone couldn't handle Apples' success?
  • Reply 6 of 34
    Steve Bomber. Opps.... Balmer.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    The Fandroids are really getting desperate now.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Some competitors will do anything to stop the flow of Apple products. ...

More likely the fact that HR is in that building has something to do with it. HR in any big-ish instutution gets bomb threats all the time.
  • Reply 9 of 34
    dishdish Posts: 64member
    Haters gonna hate...
  • Reply 10 of 34
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I knew this article would bring out the jokesters.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,477member
    Anybody seen him lately? He would have the motive and the opportunity, just say'in.
  • Reply 12 of 34
    I just looked at other News Sources and this story is nowhere to be found, except http://bit.ly/fQEAAm repeating Apple Insider.... I hope this is NOT a Hoax, because from the threat to people getting hurt, some Investors could get hurt with a Sell Off - MANIPULATION??? All those Rumors are already sickening!!!

The Bigger Concern as far as Security would be NC Data Center, cause that would be at the heart of something Big that Apple is yet to Introduce!!!! Add Terrorism, Earthquakes etc!!! I assume Apple thought all that through...

As to the Possible Delay of iPhone 5, in my post #58 on the Previous Thread I laid out my Reasoning which is DIFFERENT from most of other posts, I think.... See it here:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...=1#post1837246

Yep there will be more Dirty Tricks, like RUMORS etc coming against Apple, cause others simply can't or don't want to compete HONESTLY....
  • Reply 13 of 34
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    BREAKING:

Turns out the bomb threat was legitimate. Someone brought in a copy of Windows ME.
  • Reply 14 of 34
    Someone's pissed that they didn't get their iPad2...
  • Reply 15 of 34
    Sometimes an employee who wants the day off will do something like this. FBI knocking on his door in 3,2,1...

But yeah, as per above... HR inspires pissed off fired workers.

Hopefully it's not real.

Some people can really be stupid. They get angry and do something that lands them in prison and ruins their whole life. I bet the caller is under 25.
  • Reply 16 of 34
    jacksonsjacksons Posts: 244member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macologist View Post

I just looked at other News Sources and this story is nowhere to be found, except http://bit.ly/fQEAAm repeating Apple Insider.... I hope this is NOT a Hoax, because from the threat to people getting hurt, some Investors could get hurt with a Sell Off - MANIPULATION??? All those Rumors are already sickening!!!

See http://www.cnbc.com/id/42310244
  • Reply 17 of 34
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Some competitors will do anything to stop the flow of Apple products.

More like someone thought they could sneak in disguised as a firefighter and snag an iPad 2. Only to discover that it isn't that kind of warehouse
  • Reply 18 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacksons View Post

See http://www.cnbc.com/id/42310244

Cool... So, 1 more mention aside from the repeat of AI's story... but I just looked again, and didn't see anything else, but your link (thanks BTW)... Maybe other media is more patient before they report their news? We can only guess... It'd be nice if there were less Rumors and Hype.... It's impossible to know for sure how it effects http://www.google.com/finance?client=ig&q=AAPL

Wishing everyone a Happy Week, Spring, Mac + iOS Lives, LIVES!
  • Reply 19 of 34

Bomb Hoaxer: 1993 called, they want their OS back.
  • Reply 20 of 34
    This stinks to high heaven of....

UNION

UNION

UNION......

Just another one of their terroristic traits...... The gov. of Wisconsin has received numerous death threats from them already..... they pretty much hate anyone, or any company that is the slightest bit successful. They want to take what they think is theirs, and destroy the company in the process. Regardless of whether or not you get to keep your job or not.

I'd be willing to put money on it. They started with their bullshit at the Disney stockholders meeting.... and now they're going to start terrorizing employees of Apple high and low.

If I'm right Apple legal should be set to unleash and sue the ever living crap out of them. Period... sue them into oblivion.