Good tv - usually an oxymoron

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So I'm not much into television, but today I came home from running an errand and happened to discover 'The Outlaw Jose Wales' on TNT. Damn but I like Clint. Don't know which I like better, 'Jose Wales' or 'Unforgiven', but when either are on I'm glued to the set.

So what stops y'all in your tracks when it's on the tube?

(tig)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    robotech.

• Reply 2 of 9
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Twenty-four, on FOX. Now that it's back on, I'll finally have a reason to take my TV off VIDEO1, albeit for only one hour per week.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Screw network TV. Give me my HBO.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    the daily show wiht jon stewart (comcentral). its very funy.

and of coarse, the best show on television:

the simpsons

i find i like many of the old episodes better than some of the new ones. that halloween ep yesterday was pretty bad; i mean, it was funne and all, but it seemed to lack the once subversive nature of the simpsons.

a pretty good recent show is "Trigger Happy" (on ComCen). its basically a half hour of outlandish gags performed in britain. i like when they dressed up in rabbit 'n' tortoise costumes, and did a race across the street. the turtoise got a head start, and (on all fours) slowly crawled across. the rabbit waited a while, then ran across (winning of course). shortly after the rabbit wins, the light turns green for hte cars, and they have to wait for the turtoise. he, when he lands on the other side of the crosswalk, stands up, and walks normal speed. i get the distinct feeling that my typing doesn't do the show jutsice.

those are good tv. other than those, i dont look forawrd to too much on the tube. it usually stays on in the background (on FOX or ComCen from one of the above shows). if i hear something good, i'll turn around and watch it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    Good TV is not an oxymoron wherever:

Farscape

Babylon 5

Band of Brothers

and 24

are concerned.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Saturday Night Live.

All wondrously good.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Saturday Night Live.

All wondrously good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

eh.. Conan O'Brien yes, Letterman sometimes, SNL????????

Watching Letterman now with Ryan adams and willie nelson.... GOOD TV
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Witchblade.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Six Feet Under is excellent, but nothing compares to NHL Center Ice.

[ 11-08-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>